Chapter 10 || Owner

Start from the beginning

"What's fuckin' wrong with you, Kim Tae-hyung? You've lost your mind."

I snapped out of the stupor, hearing the loud voice and looked up, frowning at my husband's best friend who stood by his side. The look of anger on Jungkook's face didn't go unnoticed either.

What was happening? It seemed both of them were having a heated argument. Both of them looked tense and angry from their body language.

Should I go? I took a step forward but stopped, realizing I shouldn't interfere between them. Both of them were adults and knew each other for longer than I knew either of them.

I decided to go back inside to give them privacy when again, Jungkook's voice reached my ears, stopping me in my tracks.

"You've changed after marrying that woman. I don't know what I will have to do to get you see the truth." He threw his hands in the air in frustration.

My frown deepened. What did I have to do with that? Why was he dragging my name in whatever problem both of them seemed to have?

"Jungkook, I have told you this before, and I'm telling you again. Stay out of my matters," Tae-hyung growled. My gaze lowered to notice his fists clenched tightly at his sides. He was barely holding his anger back.

"I can't. I can't when I fucking care about you," Jungkook bellowed, moving toward him.

"You care about me? Since when?" My husband mocked his business partner come best friend.

"Tae-hyung , I know things haven't been great between us for some time, but that doesn't mean I don't care about you anymore. I do," Jungkook said, keeping a hand on his shoulder. "By marrying that woman, you've pissed off your father. You went against his wishes, and now he's avenging you by ruining your dream project. Knowing your father, he won't just stop at that. He'll do everything in his power to make you regret your decision. I can't see you getting hurt."

I stumbled back in plain shock as my mind registered his words. My hand flew to my mouth to stop the gasp that was about to escape. Though I didn't know the problems Tae-hyung was facing, I had a hint. Tae-hyung's father hated my guts, and the fact his son married 'trash' as he called me the last time we met at a family dinner two weeks back.

"Then, what do you want me to do?" Tae-hyung 's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

I raised my head and once again looked at the men. My heart was thudding loudly in my chest, not knowing where this was leading.

"Leave her. Leave your wife, Tae-hyung ," Jungkook's determined voice echoed in the silence.

I was frozen in my place listening to the man. A thin layer of tears blurred my vision, and I closed my eyes to clear my head, reminding myself Jungkook didn't matter. It was Tae-hyung who mattered, and I wanted to hear his decision. Would he leave me before one year?

Why wouldn't he? You're not his real wife he'd fight the world for, the small voice in my head said, and my heart broke a little knowing how true that was.

A lone tear rolled down my cheek, but I quickly wiped it away. This wasn't the time for me to think about myself. Instead, I should try to help Tae-hyung through whatever problems he was going through. If only he'd share it with me. That was wishful thinking. My husband was a hard nut to crack when it came to opening up to someone.

"Jungkook, you're crossing the line."

"I'm speaking for your well-being. That woman doesn't belong in our world."

"That woman has a name. Kim Tae-hyung Y/n . I'd like you to treat her with respect, and if you can't, then stay away from us," Tae-hyung said. "She isn't going anywhere, so you better get used to her presence in my life. She's here to stay."