Chapter 7 || Dinner Date

Start from the beginning

I averted my gaze, knowing I'd give in if I kept looking into those mesmerizing eyes.

"Allow me to make it up to you." He lowered his head, and his lips brushed against mine. "Let me take you out tonight."

I closed my eyes in an attempt to focus on his words rather than on what his touch was doing to my treacherous body. It was proving to be a tough task, though. But still, I tried.

"On a date?" I managed to ask in a shaky voice.

"Yes, on a date," he confirmed.

"Fine." I sighed.

A breathtaking smile curled on his lips. "Now come here, wife."

His hot breath fanned over my mouth, and his lips brushed against my quivering ones. But I pushed him away, creating some distance between our bodies which was needed for me to think straight. "Noo!"

"What?" He was shocked by my denial. Too bad! He should have thought of that before leaving me hot and bothered last night. No matter what his reasons were, that wasn't the way to treat his wife.

"You don't get to touch me, not until tonight, at least." I smirked, pushed him back, and walked past him into the walk-in closet, sliding the door closed behind me.

"Brat!" I heard his voice from outside and couldn't help a giggle. It was fun riling him up.

***

A small smile touched my cheeks without my knowledge. The cool breeze caressed my skin, making the fuzzy feeling grow in the pit of my belly. I had never been in a situation like this before, a situation where I had no control. It could be infuriating, but there was nothing that could be done about it. The warm feeling that spread from my heart to my whole body was incredible, but then, so was the man who was the cause of it.

I drew in a soft breath. I could see the way his hooded gaze drank me in as he sat across from me. The man I met as my sister's boss and the man I married seemed to be two different personalities now. Although he still kept most of his emotions to himself, I had a better understanding of him after our wedding. He wasn't just my sister's boss now or the ruthless businessman who proposed an indecent proposal to me, he was my husband.

"You wanna say something?" I peered at him, reaching out to tuck a few strands of hair behind my ear out of nervousness-a habit I had developed very recently after accepting his proposal-to be precise. No matter how hard I tried, I could never control my anxiety in his presence, and it was partly because I had no idea of his thoughts about me. Sure, he did seem to desire me, but what did he really think of me was still a mystery. One I was afraid to solve.

I squirmed in my place, unable to withstand the way he was gazing at me. He didn't express much, but the way he looked at me was enough to make me feel all hot and bothered. Those brooding, blue eyes drank me in, and darkened lust shone in them.

"You look beautiful," he mumbled, raising a glass of wine to his lips.

I smiled, a tinge of pink adorning my cheeks. He made me feel so feminine. And it was saying a lot since I wasn't the kind of person who would be pleased with a few flattering comments.

"Did you like the dinner?" he asked, clearing his throat.

"Yes. It was lovely." I beamed. The food was great, and so was the lively atmosphere. When he said he was taking me on a dinner date, I had expected some fancy restaurant where he would take me, but he surprised me when he led me to the terrace of his villa. A table for two was set under the gazebo, the scented candles lit up around us complimenting the romantic atmosphere to perfection.