Chapter 6 || Perfection

Start from the beginning

"I knew you wanted him when you came dressed up like a slut at the dinner two weeks back," Minji sneered, stepping closer to me. Mom stood right behind her, her eyes holding disappointment. Disappointment? For what? It wasn't like I came between two star-crossed lovers. Nothing was going on between her and Kim Tae-hyung , nor was there any possibility of anything happening between the duo. She wanted him because he was a challenge to her while he didn't even care about her existence.

"C'mon, babes. It wasn't like you loved him or anything," I shrugged. "And he doesn't give a damn even if you did."

"Why would he when he's got a skank like you sprawled all over him?" she scowled.

"Another bad word, and I won't mind showing you how pretty you will look with my handprint on your face," I threatened, pinning her down with my hard gaze. She looked unfazed, still glaring at me. The tension between us grew, and I knew it wasn't going to end well. Two angry women at each other's throats, when had the end result ever been good? Jeez, that would be scandalous. But I didn't want that. Creating a scene for the world to see was the last thing I wanted.

"What did you get by betraying your sister, Y/n? You knew how Minji feels about him, yet you went behind her back," Mom chided, shaking her head in disappointment.

"She wanted him? More like she wanted the fortune and luxury that came with him," I scoffed.

"How dare you, you scheming bitch?" Minji growled, taking a threatening stance as she looked ready to pounce on me. My mother held her back. She didn't want to create a scene, either. Good.

"C'mon, sissy. You don't have to pretend anything, not in front of me, at least." I winked. I was aware that I was playing with fire, but I couldn't help myself. It wasn't every day I got the upper hand on Minji Kang .

"Is everything all right, Y/n?"

I heaved a sigh of relief when I heard his voice. Husband to the rescue. I tilted my head sideways and smiled warmly as he came and stood beside me.

"Yeah, just having a little chat with Mom." I motioned toward the ladies. A small gasp left my lips when he slid an arm around my waist and pulled me into his arms. I still wasn't used to his touch, but it had more to do with my inexperience with men. It seemed even he understood that because he hadn't made any move on me since the first kiss we shared on the day of our wedding. It was thoughtful of him to maintain his distance, seeing I wasn't ready to jump into bed with him right away. Yeah, I was highly attracted to him, but it would take a little time to open up to him.

Kim Tae-hyung followed my gaze and greeted them. "I hope you guys are enjoying the party?"

Mom just nodded, forcing a smile on her face.

"I'm going to steal my wife for a while. I hope you don't mind." He didn't wait for their response, though. He tugged and took me away from there, for which I was grateful. But my happiness was short-lived when he led me outside the party hall from the back door. My nerves picked up, and my heartbeat quickened when we entered the empty lobby, and I realized we were heading to our hotel suite where he had planned our stay for the night.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking over at him. "Party isn't over yet."

"We have spent enough time there," he whispered, then tilted his head sideways to stare at me. His eyes darkened even more, leaving me with a loss of words. "It's time we get some privacy."

Warmth spread through me at the look in his eyes, and I melted into a puddle of desire. How did he manage to do that? I hadn't felt so good around anyone in a very, very long time. He made me forget everything and go into a world where just him and I existed. It was not a good thing. I shouldn't be feeling this way about him. I couldn't. Too much was at stake already, and I shouldn't be risking my heart to have it broken later.