Chapter 4 || Wedding

Start from the beginning

I straightened myself, becoming aware of his presence beside me. The heat radiating off his body was welcoming in a way I couldn't explain in words. But the feeling was anything but unwelcomed, which was strange. I usually wasn't comfortable around the male species, and that explained my forever- single status.

"So..." I cleared my throat, wriggling in my seat. I ignored the sudden urge to shift closer to him, to let my body cuddle against him, and look at him with a straight face. "You wanna talk about our deal?"

"Deal?"

"That's what it is, isn't it?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

He had a stoic look on his face, making it hard to read him, but I didn't try any harder. I had come to know the man would let you know what he felt only when he wanted to. It was admirable as well as annoying for people like myself.

"How do you want to get married?" Kim Tae-hyung asked back, the huskiness of his voice causing goosebumps to crawl on the surface of my skin. Or was it his question? Both, it seemed.

How would I like to get married? Temporarily, though. I asked the same question to myself and came up with nothing exciting when realizing it was nothing real. The marriage would have an expiration date, and it would be better to go for a simple court wedding.

"A court wedding will be fine."

"We can have a traditional ceremony if you would like," he offered.

"Why waste our time and money on that when we both know this is temporary?"

Something flickered through his eyes at my words, but it was gone too soon for me to figure out what it was.

"Fine. If that's what you want," he grumbled.

"What are the ground rules? I mean, how is this arrangement going to work?" I was unable to keep my questions to myself. I had many, and he was going to have to answer each one of them. Poor him. I tended to drive a person crazy with my queries since I wanted to know everything. "Is it going to be a real marriage? I mean..."

"This is going to be real, a very real marriage," he interrupted, his darkened gaze pierced through me, and I shivered from the starry vehemence.

"Real in what sense?" I gulped down the lump forming in my throat.

Kim Tae-hyung leaned closer, his big palm rested on my thigh, and his lips brushed against my earlobe. I froze. My heart was racing, and my body was burning from his close proximity in a good way. But I wouldn't like to think about that right now.

"We're going to be husband-wife in and out of bed." His dark whisper brought me back from my dreamland. I let his words sink in and gasped at the bold meaning of them.

"You mean, we're going to..."

"We're going to do everything married couples do. Everything," he completed it for me, and I could only gape. He ran his palm down my bare thigh. "You're going to be my wife in every sense."

I didn't want to think about that right now. The things we would be doing as a couple. All the dirty, naughty things, the voice in the back of my head quipped. I chose to ignore it.

"What about fidelity?" I cocked my head. That was my biggest worry. Being married-temporarily or not-I would expect loyalty in the relationship we were going to share for the coming year.

"Of course, we'll be loyal to each other," Kim Tae-hyung replied with a sound of promise in his voice.

"That's what I wanted to hear," I murmured.

"Any more questions, Y/n?"

"Yeah, not a question but a request."

"What is it?" his voice softened.