Moving Forward

Three months have passed. Emma, Jeremy and Jared were almost insuperable

They each cheated death in their own way and are helping each other heal emotionally.

Jared isn't paying attention and runs right into a girl who was walking and reading. Her books fall and they both bend down to pick them up

Jared's heart belongs to Emma but he knows he has to try and move on.

"Hi, I'm Jared."

"Hi, I'm Anna."

**Warning** some harsh language

Another month passes and the two couples find themselves with one another as often as possible. Anna had just lost her father less than a year prior so she too was doing her own healing. He was attacked by a werewolf and being a vampire, died a slow and painful death. It was an image that Anna tried often to forget about.

It was a Friday night and the four emotionally recovering teenagers were feeling restless. They were sitting on the couch at the Salvatore manor. Neither of Emma's brothers was home at the time. Anna was twirling her thick brown hair around her index finger. She looked over at her friends with her big brown eyes.

"I'm feeling too much in my head, let's go clubbing," she suggested.

"Clubbing?" Emma asked, "How do you suggest we get in? We barely look 18 let alone 21."

"That's easy, we just compel the bouncer," Anna answered.

Emma didn't have to think about it long. She said she was in. The girls then looked at the guys. Both Jeremy and Jared knew they would all just be asking for trouble if they went. Neither could resist the puppy dog eye look they were both getting from their girlfriends. Jared rolled his eyes.

"Fiiiine," he said.

"Ya, fine," Jeremy agreed reluctantly.

"Great! Okay, we need to change our clothes. Anna, come on, I'm sure I have something you can wear."

"What about us?" Jeremy asked. "We're not exactly dressed for a club either."

Emma looked at the boys and had to quickly agree that their regular jeans and rock tee shirts just wouldn't do for a dance club. She thought for a moment then had a plan.

"I know, you can both wear something of Damon's. He actually has a lot more "party" clothes than Stefan."

"I don't know," said Jared with a worried look in his eyes, "I really don't want to have to deal with Damon if he found out."

Emma thought for another moment.

"Okay, I got it!"

She grabbed her cell phone and sent out a quick text to her brother. A couple of minutes later she got the response she was hoping to get.

"Alright, it's settled. Damon said yes. You just can't touch anything "too" designer."

"Wait, what did you tell him?" Jeremy asked.

"I just told him that we were all going to a movie that is starting soon. I said that you two fell in mud and needed a quick change of clothes."

"That's it? That's all it took?" He asked a bit bewildered.

"Jared, my brother is out with your sister, he's happily distracted. Trust me, it's all good."

The four each ran upstairs and changed into clothes appropriate for a dance club. An hour later the four met back up on top of the stairs. They each approved of each other's looks.