Rescue Mission

"I know she has to be around here," said Alice with confidence, "give me a minute."

Damon and Stefan wanted to just tear the woods apart but knew they had to let Alice do it her way so not to prolong finding their baby sister.

"Got it! I know exactly where she is!"

Alice looked directly at Stefan and Damon then ran. They were directly behind her.

Ashton was just moments from sodomizing Emma when Stefan suddenly appeared; threw him off of her and in doing so, throwing him across the room and directly onto the cave wall. Ashton looked around for his guard but suddenly found him across the way with his head detached from his body. Damon had just stopped him from getting in Stefan's way. Once it was clear Damon sped over to his little sister and untied her while giving her his shirt. She was so petite that his shirt acted as a mini dress on her. She was so weak she could barely cry. He held her in his arms. Emmett began to unchain Jared.

"Damon," Emma whispered, "thank you."

"Of course, of course; I'm just so sorry we couldn't find you sooner," he said as he carried her back up out on ground and handed her gently over to Carlisle.

Emmett was right behind them carrying Jared. Alice had found both Jared and Emma's rings and placed them back on both their fingers.

"She needs blood right away," said Carlisle. "Once she has fed I'll have a better idea on the extent of her injuries."

Damon didn't hesitate to bite his forearm in order to feed his little sister. He held her close in his left arm while feeding her with his right. He let her feed for as long as he could take It without passing out him-self from low blood supply.

"Okay, baby, that's enough for now," Damon cooed softly while wedging his arm away from Emma's sharp fangs.

She whimpered a bit but she was starting to heal already. Damon turned to notice Chelsea was feeding her brother just the same. He gave her a look that she shared, thank God they were found alive.

VVV

"You bastard! What did Emma or Jared ever do to you? NOTHING!" Stefan shouted.

He continued to throw Ashton around. He fought back for a fair amount but he was no match for Stefan's rage. One punch after another until Ashton could no longer fight back. Once he was at that point Stefan took advantage of Ashton's unbuttoned jeans. He reached in and grabbed hold of Ashton's manhood. He squeezed it first which caused pain beyond words and without another second of hesitation Stefan yanked it off. He watched Ashton suffer for a few excruciating moments before tearing his head off. He made sure he was never coming back. Once his head was detached he set his body on fire and walked away leaving the body to turn to ashes.

Stefan walked out covered in blood. Elena had caught up to everyone at that point.

"Oh my God, Stefan! Are you…"

"It's not my blood," he interrupted, "it's his, he is gone now indefinitely, it's okay."

Jared was recovering much faster than Emma as he had only gone a little over a day without feeding and had been only chained. Stefan gave Elena a kiss then walked over to Emma. She still looked weak and sickly.

"She needs more blood," said Damon. "I gave her as much as I could for now."

Stefan didn't say anything. He took his baby sister into his arms and gave her the rest of the blood she needed from him. She fed on him and with each passing moment felt her strength coming back. Her bruises were disappearing inside and out. When she finished she was strong but still not recovered completely.

"She needs to just rest now," said Carlisle. "The same goes for Jared. We need to get them both to their homes."

VVV

"Well, Jeremy is home and recovering very well; and now that Emma and Jared are clearly back to their healthy selves; it's time for us to go home," said Carlisle to Damon.

"Thank you so much for everything, truly."

"It was my pleasure, truly. We'll be in touch." He said with a smile and gave a double hand shake to his long time friend.

The Cullen's left Mystic Falls and returned to their home in Forks. Damon turned around from the front door and a sudden burst of silence hit him at once. He was about to head down to the cellar for a snack when the door bell rang. Damon figured the Cullen's must have forgotten something. He opened the door and instead found Jeremy standing there.

"Should you be out and about already?" Damon asked genuinely.

"Yeah, Dr Cullen said its fine as long as I take it easy and don't push myself."

"Okay, Emma is upstairs. Ummm, actually she can come down here…Em!"

"Wait, I can climb the stairs just fine, I promise I'm okay."

Damon looked him over to inspect him.

"Mmm, alright, go ahead," Damon said with a gesture to pass by him.

VVV

"Knock, knock," said Jeremy as he poked his head through Emma's already open door.

She looked up from writing in her journal and ran over to him with a huge smile.

"Hey you," she said before kissing him, "if I knew you felt like company I would have gone to your house."

"I'm always in the mood for your company," he smiled back. "But, I had to see you here. I'm going crazy at my house. My mom won't stop fussing over me. It took me, Elena and my dad to convince her it was okay for me to go for a walk."

Emma laughed, "Wow, and I thought my brothers could be over protective."

He laughed with her and then found himself just staring at her.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I'm just so grateful that ass didn't get a chance to go much further than he did. I'm so sorry I wasn't there."

"Don't be sorry, he just would have found a way to trap you too. If it's okay, I really don't want to talk about it okay."

"Okay, whatever you want. I'm just happy to be here with you."

VVV

Three months have passed. Emma, Jeremy and Jared were almost insuperable. They grew so close that some people even accused the three of them of dating one another. Each denies such a relationship and they tell people that they all just grew really close and are simply best of friends. They each cheated death in their own way and are helping each other heal emotionally. Jared does find himself mesmerized every now and then towards Emma; but he does well to hide it. He loves her dearly and would much rather have her as a friend then nothing at all.

The three were on their way to school, Jared was driving. They park in the school and each get out. Jared isn't paying attention and runs right into a girl who was walking and reading. Her books fall and they both bend down to pick them up. After picking up the books, they get a good look at each other and smile shyly. Jared's heart belongs to Emma but he knows he has to try and move on.

"Hi, I'm Jared."

"Hi, I'm Anna."