Staying with the Gilberts

"Good morning," Alaric said as he answered his phone.

"Morning Ric, its Damon, I have a big favor to ask."

"Sure, what do you need?"

"An old friend of ours is in a bit of trouble and she needs back up from me and Stefan. Do you think you and Jenna could take Emma in while we're away? We could be gone up to a week."

"We would love to have Emma stay with us. She's a real sweetheart."

Damon couldn't help but laugh. "Yes, most of the time she is but fair warning, don't let your guard down too much, she can be a real wild one if the wind blows east."

"Well, Elena and Jeremy can be the same way so I'm sure we can handle it."

vdvd

Emma was standing with Jeremy as they waited for Alaric to finish up in his classroom and give them a ride home. She was surfing the internet on her smart phone.

"Oh my God, Oh my God, JERMEY! Guess who is coming HERE in concert THIS THURSDAY!"

"I seriously have no idea, just tell me," said Jeremy as he laughed at Emma's boisterous show of excitement.

"Three Days Grace, 30 Seconds to Mars, Breaking Benjamin AND my all time FAVORITE of favorite bands…SIMPLE PLAN! I love them! We so have to go!"

"Wow, they are all my favorite too but didn't you say it's Thursday night?"

"Yeahhh..ohhh, yeah, a school night. Hummm, well, there are such things as miracles right (hee hee), it can't hurt to at least ask," said Emma.

vdvd

"Hi big brother how was the flight?" asked Emma.

"Just fine, what do you need?" asked Damon.

"Why can't I just be calling to say hi? Why do you assume I need something?"

"Sorry…hi."

"Hi…Ummm, okay, there is a little something I would love to do this Thursday."

"And what is that dear baby sister?" asked Damon in a monotone voice.

"Four of my favorite bands are playing in concert and I was wondering if I could go."

"Well, that would all depend on what night they are playing?"

"It's this Thursday night," answered Emma very softly.

"Thursday? Emma, that's a school night. I'm sorry but the answer is no."

"Daaammmon PLLeeaaaaaaasse."

"Emma, please be a good girl, stop whining and except that the answer is no."

"Fine," Emma replied quietly with a pout that could be felt even through the phone.

"Okay, good girl. I have to go. I'll talk to you later.

"K….bye."

"Bye bye"

vdvd

As Emma was on the phone with Damon, Alaric walked out of the school. Jeremy decided to take the opportunity to ask his father about the concert. He told Jeremy no as well due to the fact it was on a school night. Jeremy was standing by the car waiting for Emma. He had a very disappointed look on his face as did she.

"I take it you got shot down as well," asked Emma.

"Yeah, all because it's on a school night," pouted Jeremy.