Visit from an old friend

You heard Taehyung's voice coming from outside, you hurriedly ran out to the front door. But the sight stops you. There was a beautiful girl who rang the bell at his door. The girl looks so mature compared to you. There were sort of elegant vibes from her. She was nothing like Taehyung. So it's clearly not his sister. Is she the girl you have been worrying about?

You can see Taehyung came out and greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. He is familiar with her. She shows him something in her hands. She is probably way more suitable for Taehyung.

What am I doing now?

What am I comparing myself to? I'm younger and Taehyung loves me back. I don't need to worry about anything. Unless... the fact I'm engaged to Seokjin. Plus, Taehyung and I already broke up. Hmmm.

You stand there for quite a while. Taehyung noticed you were there. Standing still as hard as a statue. His eyes met yours.

"Come in first. I'll greet my neighbor." She turned around to see you. You rolled your eyes. Didn't want to make friendly eye contact. You radiated enemy energy.

"Nice to meet you." She greeted you. You didn't reply to her.

Taehyung signed her to get in first, "Are you alright?" He smiles at you.

"Who is that?" You asked with an arrogant tone. Pretend not to care.

"It's my friend who is a girl." Taehyung chucked to see your clear jealousy. Your hand crosses in front of the chest. Refusing to see him in the eyes.

"Why does she visit you very early in the morning?" You bit your lower lip.

"It's not early anymore. She is in town for a couple days. We are about to grab lunch together." He explains. Taehyung lifts your head, "She is really just a friend."

"Don't worry about it, okay. The one I love is you." Taehyung ruffles your hair.

"I'm not worried. Why should i?"

"Yeah, why should you?" Taehyung traces your lips with his thumb, "Go back in."

"No, I want to come to your house also. Did you bring Yeontan back from your family house?"

"You will make the three of us uncomfortable." He chuckles, well, he saw you gave Chaeyoung a dead glare. Knowing your temperament and Chaeyoung, he prefers to pass this day peacefully.

"Okay... Just let you know.. I'm going to move in with Jin.." You thought you should bring this up to him, you already packed some of your stuff. The apartment will be empty.. You won't be living next to him anymore.. You won't be.. , "See you.. later, I guess..."

The two of you are staring into each other's eyes. Wounded. You just wish you knew him sooner, so that you'll be able to love him longer. Taehyung knows if he does not leave, none of you will move on, so he has to be the one who makes the first step.

"So, who is she?" Chaeyoung can't hide her smile to see Taehyung in a clearly good mood.

"Y/n." Taehyung kept his answer short.

"You know that's not what I asked." Taehyung plays with the bracelet in his wrist, "You don't think I believe she is a simple neighbor, right?"

"Sharp as usual." Taehyung smiles. Chaeyoung put her hand on top of his. Comforting Taehyung.

"We've been friends since we were so little. You can't hide things from me."

"Do you still call her?" Taehyung asks, pulling his hand from Chaeyoung.

"Hmm, yes. I told her I'll visit you." Taehyung is still thinking about the girl he shared his bed with for years. Knowing he won't be able to erase her in his life.

"How is she doing?"

"Busy. Two kids you know. When's the last time you visited her?"

"Months ago."

"Call her already. You know she worries about you a lot."

"Jungkook didn't like it when i did. I think we are the bad guys for each other." Possessive Jeon Jungkook.

"You were still working with him, right?"

"Yeah."

"You have to be happy too. Y/n looks nice. But a little bit too young for you."

Taehyung let a soft smile spread on his face, "She is full of surprise."

"...." Chaeyoung observed his expression. Taehyung has changed much since the last time they met. The girl must be blooming flowers in his heart.

"I never knew I could love someone this much again. Things felt unreal. When I close my eyes, I'm afraid she'll leave me." Her sweet lips and her confidence.

"Yeah, since she is so young and beautiful You should worry."Chaeyoung teased him.

"I am now."

"You are really changed."

"I don't know."

"Talk, come on." Chaeyoung persuaded him to talk more. She knew there was something he didn't tell yet.

"I'm no longer her boyfriend or so.." Taehyung looked down to his plate, "Y/n is going to engage Kim Seokjin. You know him."

"That Seokjin? She worked for him right? Geez! It's a small world. Did he know you have a relationship with Y/n?"

"He did. But it looks like he likes Y/n too. He asked me to back off and promise he will take care of Y/n ..." That sound so stupid came out from his own mouth. Why did he let Seokjin have his baby girl? He just let you go so easily...

"What will you do?"

"I'm thinking..." Taehyung didn't need to work hard to know whose family Y/n's belong to. She got a powerful name and many more under her feet. She was born with it.

Maybe it was his fate to be alone in this life.