We stare at each other for a moment, both of us clearly with things we want to say but won't.

I mean, I get it. Yesterday wasn't exactly the reunion we thought we would have, if we had one at all. It felt rushed, because it was. And a bit forced, because it was. I mean, I thought I was going to die, I thought I wouldn't have another chance to say that to him. And while I don't regret it, I can kind of understand if Steve felt like it wasn't real. Like it somehow didn't count.

I don't want to just dismiss what he did like it was nothing. It definitely wasn't nothing. But after seeing how easy it is to just lose everything, it makes me see things a little differently.

Because when I was scared that I was going to die, despite everything, it was Steve who I wanted there with me.

"Steve–"

Suddenly footsteps entering the room interrupt me, and I turn to see Loki walking in, eyes focused on the two cups in his hand as he walks past me and towards Steve.

"I wasn't sure what other things you put in this but I brought some–" His eyes lock with mine and then widen in surprise, clearly not having noticed I was awake. "Mia!" he gasps, frozen with one hand extended out towards Steve, handing him one of the cups he brought in.

What...is...happening?

Steve takes the cup and there's an awkward silence as Loki opens his palm and materializes sugar and creamer, holding it out for him.

"Did you just bring him coffee?" I ask in complete disbelief.

They both look at each other, seeming a little embarrassed about the whole thing.

Loki clears his throat, stepping back to sit on the chair that is on the other side of my bed, opposite of where Steve is. "We planned on staying up all night to take care of you. They said this stuff helps."

That...is absolutely adorable. There's no way this is real. I definitely must still be dreaming.

I close my eyes, hoping that when I open them, they're both still here.

"Should I get a doctor?" Loki asks, and when I look back at him I can see the concern on his face.

"No, it's okay." I say, realizing that closing my eyes at all was a bad idea. "I'm probably going to just pass out again in a few minutes."

Both Steve and Loki shift in their seats, clearly getting concerned.

"I'm going to go get a doctor." Loki says, before getting up and heading out the door.

Steve finally comes back towards me, placing his hand on the bed next to me, but doesn't actually let us touch.

"How are you feeling?" he asks, looking me over.

"Tired." I reply, closing my eyes again for just a moment. I don't know how it's possible to feel so exhausted, but my body feels like it hasn't slept in days despite just waking up.

"You should let yourself rest." Steve says. "The doctors said it will help your body heal."

I want to roll my eyes and say, how can the doctors possibly know that when they weren't the ones who cured me, but I decide sarcastic remarks should be left for when I'm feeling fully better. Besides, I guess they're not wrong considering I am really tired.

I look back over at Steve, his beautiful face just watching me. "Can you do me a favor?" I ask, my voice getting softer as the fatigue really starts to hit.

"Of course." he replies, looking almost relieved that I would even ask him for help.

I'm afraid of what he's going to say, especially considering how cautious he's being with me, but there is only one thing my body craves more than sleep right now.