The nagging feeling of guilt was still there.

And all Tatum wanted was for it to go away—for her friend to be okay.

"Yeah," Her voice was quiet and weak.

"Say it like you mean it."

Caroline sighed, looking at Tatum with a helpless expression, "Tate..."

"That's my name last time I checked. Now, c'mon. Tell me it isn't your fault, and say it like you believe it...because it isn't. I know it and everyone else knows it, so you have to know it too."

"Tate...."

"I've got all night."

Caroline narrowed her eyes.

Tatum narrowed hers back.

Neither of them were wavering.

Finally, Caroline let out defeated huff.

"You're really not going to give it up, are you?'

Tatum shook her head.

"Fine," Caroline paused. "...it wasn't my fault."

"What was that?"

"It wasn't my fault."

"Now say it like you believe it."

"It wasn't my fault."

Caroline's tone was louder.

"Louder."

"It wasn't my fault!

"Again."

"It wasn't my fault! It wasn't my fault!"

The feeling shifted, all the guilt being replaced by a sense of relief.

Tatum watched as a small smile spread across Caroline's face before the blonde stepped forward towards Tatum, who immediately wrapped her arms around her friend.

"Thank you."

"Always."

Tatum tightened her arms around Caroline.

The feeling of relief increased.

Minutes passed before Tatum pulled back from Caroline. "Now, you get changed out of those clothes and into something more comfortable and I'll go make you a cup of tea, 'kay?"

"You're staying?"

"No, I planned on making you a nice, calming cup of tea, dumping it on you, and then skipping out of your house with a grin on my face," Tatum's tone was dry.

Caroline rolled her eyes.

"Right. I'll make sure to prepare myself for the boiling water. You know, add a few extra layers of clothes to lessen the blow," Caroline responded in a tone equally as dry.

Tatum grinned, "I was just about to give you that advice."

~~~~~

Tatum tossed restlessly back and forth as she slept. Her light green eyes were rapidly moving beneath her eyelids, responding to the bright red bursts of bright light that proceeded to interrupt her slumber. Her firsts closed tightly, her nails digging into her palms as a loud ringing noise sounded in her head.

Her fingers snapped outwards.

A wave of red energy bursted off of her.

Tatum's eyes snapped open, glowing a bright scarlet red.

The young woman sat up in the bed, pressing the palm of her hands into her eyes. She then pulled them away, glancing to the side to see that Caroline was nowhere in sight. She then looked around the room.