Chapter - 15 Foggy Forest Part 2

Start from the beginning

With this, I set out my journey towards the forest of kingdom of Amadeus and started my search for the king of poison. On my way I saw many cute beasts and mythical beings along with beautiful animals, birds, trees, flowers and so many herbs and shrubs some of which were rare herbs while others are commonly found in our kingdom which mother nature has granted us graciously with.

I do not have time to admire them as much as I can since I am in a rush to find a path towards kingdom of Amadeus and also find the king of Poison. After walking for what feels like days, I saw a different surroundings from the one I was in. I think I have reached the Kingdom of Amadeus.

The Aura surround me seems a bit hostile as if I am not welcomed in this kingdom but I have to gather the courage and move forward or else both me and Felicity will be in danger. I have to be strong enough to keep up with this aura and make the aura around me friendly. As I was moving around I heard some sounds in the bushes.

I cautiously approached the bushes and saw a cute appearance of a baby dragon which was a rare species as it was entirely white and was very cute in appearance. It was a legendary dragon mentioned in the ancient book I read before.

In order to not scare the baby dragon, I started the conversation saying my greetings to the legendary beast in front of me.

Adonis tried to extend her hands towards the white baby dragon and slowly approached saying, " Hello baby, I am Adonis. I won't harm you and I will be approaching you slowly. By any chance are you separated from your parents? Let's find your parents together."

Baby dragon responded positively to her approach and caressed it's face on Adonis hands which was reaching out to him.

With this, Adonis was able to reach near the baby dragon and lift the dragon in her tiny arms. The fur of the dragon was super soft and the tail was so short as if the baby was born few hours ago.

Adonis - Do you know where your parents are baby?

Dragon gave a dumbfounded look to Adonis indicating that he doesn't know what she was talking about.

Seeing the reaction, Adonis said enthusiastically, " Alright then. Let's find your parents and who knows that maybe I will be able to find the one I am looking for."

With this, Adonis started her journey in the kingdom of Amadeus with the white baby dragon in her arms to search for the dragon's parents and the king of poison. Just as she took few steps ahead, she heard crawling sound near the bushes where she found the baby dragon.

Adonis slowly turned around to see a giant snake crawling out of the bushes ready to attack on her. Adonis closed her eyes and started hiding the baby dragon as if she was saving the baby dragon from the giant serpent.

Just as the the giant serpent approached her, Adonis shouted at the snake saying leave the baby dragon alone. I will not let you harm the baby dragon. If the parent's of the dragon were near, you wouldn't dare to approach him or hurt him.

Hearing Adonis words, the snake was just as dumbfounded as the baby dragon when she first mentioned the parents to him. Slowly, the serpent spoke to Adonis saying, " I am not here to harm the dragon instead I am the guardian of this baby dragon you speak of. I approached you since I thought you are trying to kidnap and steal the dragon like those pathetic humans who took advantage of us 1000 of years ago. "

Listening the serpent's words, Adonis breathed a sigh of relief and said, " I am not here to harm this baby dragon instead I am here to find the parent's of the baby dragon since I found him alone near the bushes while trying to search for the king of poison. As you can see, I am already devoid of my body with just the soul while my familiar - the great Phoenix is trying to save my body and soul from the deadly poison attack. "

Giant serpent asked Adonis, " Hmmm, do you know how the king of poison you are searching for look like? And can you explain me about your familiar or how you were poisoned in the first place? "

Adonis smiled and said, " Sure, my familiar is a phoenix bird like I said earlier. I named him Felicity. I first met him in the forest where he was stuck in a tree branch. I freed him from the pain he was suffering and the bird asked me to form a contract with him. I did it and she pointed out her ankle saying the tattoo was formed on the succession of our bond. While I was at the King's Palace, I saw assassination attempt on the crown Prince and the princess of the kingdom so I intervened and saved them from the harm's way but ended up getting poisoned by the dagger before I could save myself. Since the poison is so strong, my body could not hold out for longer and went unconscious. It was my familiar who saved me from being dead. If it wasn't for felicity, I would be long dead but I can see that felicity is also struggling to help me keep my body and soul intact. I asked him if I can help in any way to recover both of our health and he told me to find the king of poison in kingdom of Amadeus. "

Giant serpent said, " Interesting but how about the appearance of the king of poison? "

Adonis shake her head saying she doesn't know of it. She is here to find him but in terms of appearance, I am assuming it might be some mystical beasts powerful enough to either produce venom or to detoxify the body from the deadly poisonous attack.

Listening to the little lady's explanation, the giant serpent than said to her, " Your assumptions and theory are partly correct. The phoenix wants you to find me because I can produce the deadliest of the poison in the world but I cannot detoxify it. "

Adonis looked suspiciously at the giant serpent and said, " What do you mean by me? Are you trying to trick me so that I will hand over the baby dragon? Look Mr. Serpent, I appreciate the help but I will not give up the baby dragon up to you so you can harm him. "

Giant serpent laughed at her remarks and said, " If I wanted, I would have took him from you a long time ago. I am not here to harm him or anyone in this forest. I protect the beasts, magical and mythical creatures of this kingdom. Have you heard of the basilisk? I am the oldest and for a long time since the kingdom was divided from the humans. You would not know of it. "

Adonis gasp loudly and said, By any chance are you talking about the events which took place thousands of years ago when Benedict and Amadeus were martyred while trying to protect the magical beings from the greedy humans? Goddess Athena with the help of God Artemis who was so enraged that they ended up casting a curse on the humans and saved the beasts by concealing the forests with the mysterious fog.

It was the giant serpent who was surprised from hearing the words from Adonis's mouth and asker her on how does she know all of this as the history of the events have been long forgotten and the only mention of the events are written in the ancient book which is kept as a safeguard in the dukedom where the duke protects it.

Adonis calmly replied that she is the daughter of the current duke Winfred Harper and I read all about the events in the ancient book kept in the library.

Hearing Adonis, the giant serpent once again exclaimed interesting! Later he asked the little girl to form a contract with him. Doing so is the only way to rid your body from toxicity and I will be able to help you out with the same.

Adonis : " Alright, let's do it. Is it the same way on how I created the contract with my bird? "

Basilisk : " Indeed "

Adonis : " I will name you Akhlys which means Poison of god. I named you so as I do not want anyone to surpass you when it comes to poison. Saying so, she lowered the baby dragon in her arms towards the bushes where she found him first and slowly approached Akhlys and hugged his body resulting in the tattoo formation on her hand with a sword. " Finally she finished it by saying, " I Adonis Harper Winfred name the basilisk here as Akhlys and we hereby agree to form a contract. "

A blinding light enveloped both of them and a tattoo was formed on the right arm of Adonis while, Akhlys received a token in the form of a flower necklace. After seeing the token, Adonis helped Akhlys to put it on his neck. With this, the ceremony for forming a contract was completed which was witnessed by the baby dragon.