Forced to let go of your Comfort Character

This is a personal entry i made when i listened to this playlist. i think about it often.

"No! No, I don't want you to go! Please don't leave me!" I cry, holding onto his waist as tight as I could, on my knees. Tears running down as I bury my head in his stomach. Hiccuping and sobbing, his hand comes down to gently caress my head. "I protected you for as long as I could. And you became strong these past couple years." He spoke, his voice rough but still calm. I look up at him, sniffling. I don't want him to go. "Please... you're my everything.. you keep me going.. Please..." I beg, as his golden eyes just stare down with sorrow. He kneels down, now eye level with me. "I will always be with you. In _here."_ He points to my chest, where my heart is. Staring down to his finger, then back to his eyes, I shook my head in disbelief. "No..." I whisper, voice cracking.

But it was already too late. He started to slowly fade away from my grasp. "No no no no no no!" My heart beats fast and hard against my chest, trying to hold onto him but my grip only goes through. He stares at me, a gentle but pained smile. "I'm glad I got to meet you." Was his final words before he vanished in front of me. My eyes wide, as the tears then fell harder than before. "NOOOOOOOOO!" I scream, falling to the ground. "XIAOOOOOO! XIAAAOOOOOO!" I scream his name over and over again. Hoping he would come back to me when I called out his name.

But he never returned.

And I was alone.