Arriving at the front of the school with 5 minutes to spare, they rushed to homeroom skipping their lockers. They had made it just as the bell sounded. They went to sit down in their usual seats but someone was in Marisol's seat. A someone she had never seen before.

She walked up till she was a foot from the seat. "Can you move? That's my seat." she asked the boy, who turned to look at her. He stared into her eyes as if he was mesmerized. And she was equally as mesmerized. She had never seen such a beautiful boy before. If it was alright to call him that. She couldn't think of a name that better fit his looks.

The beautiful boy talked first "So you're the famous Marisol Falry. The beauty of this school." he said still peering in her eyes.

She never was good at talking to the opposite sex, besides Sam.

"Can you move?" she asked again. She didn't know why but she was unconsciously being mean to him and she didn't know why.

“I’m sorry if I offended you. I'll move" he said as he got up and went to another seat. She sat down and noticed the looks people were giving her.

She felt a tap on her shoulder. It was Sam. "Why were you so mean to him?"

“I don't really know," she answered honestly. “I didn't mean to be."

Sam lifted his hand and pointed to her face. “It’s not like I care if you’re mean to him. But why were you glaring like that?"

Glaring. She didn't think she was glaring but sure enough when she relaxed she felt her face relax too.

Sam continued. “Was like a mix between mean girls and Jet Li. You looked like you were saying get out of my way I'm too good for you and I'm going to snap your neck all in one." He joked as the teacher waked in.

"Who’s that?" Marisol asked as the teacher came into view. Where there would usually be a short, slender man was a tall well-built man in his early thirties. Marisol thought he was quite handsome for an older man and the longer scare on his face made him look kind of cool.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. Apparently Mr. Kuptcha got into an accident so I guess this guy is filling in for him." Simon said while starring at the man who had his head down into his paperwork.

The man started writing letters on the board that spelt Aaron Marx. He turned from the board and looked down at his sheets of paper as if they were details that could save his life. “As you can see my name is Aaron Marx, but you can call me Mr. Marx or just Mark. Now, I will begin with roll call" he immediately began calling names and only looking up to see which person answered. Soon he got to Marisol's name. "Marisol Falry" 

"Here" she answered. The teacher turned his gaze to her and let it stay there a little too long. Marisol could have sworn she seen his hardened gaze soften. Then he continued attendance calling the last name on the list. 

"Chase Archer?" he called. 

"Here! And you can just call me Archer, Mark.”  The new kid answered. Mr. Marx yet again glanced up at him and stared a little too long but unlike the look he gave Marisol his had a hint of dislike or maybe anger.

The teacher and the new boy, Chase, stared at each other for a good amount of time before Mr. Marx turned away and started his lesson plan.

Ding! Ding! The bell rung and everyone got up to exit the class room. Everyone except Marisol and the new kid, Chase. Chase stayed to talk to the teacher but Marisol stayed because the lack of sleep had her unconscious. She had woken up from the bell with a small puddle of drool on her wooden desk. The Demon of Sleep strikes again. Thanks Mom! She slyly wiped it off with the side of her sweater.