| Chapter Two |

Luz walked out of her bedroom, closing the door behind her. She then wearily made her way downstairs, still groggy from her slumber. She then entered the kitchen, where Gus noticed her. "Hey Lu-" he paused. "Woah. Did you even sleep last night?" Luz walked over to the counter and grabbed a medication bottle. "No, not really." She muttered. "I'd say I only slept for, I don't know, 5 hours." Luz continued, tiredly. "Dang," Gus replied.

         "Anyway, I wanna talk to you about something," Gus told his sibling. "What is it?" Luz asked, popping a pill into her mouth and then quickly drinking some water. "Well, it's about Hunter. You know those letters he's been writing?" "Yeah. What about them?" "Well, those letters are meant to be for Flapjack." Luz was astonished, although she didn't express it much. "Really?." She replied. "Mhm. I managed to read one. From what I remember, it was about how guilty Hunter felt for even bringing Flapjack to the Haunted Hayride. He apologized several times in it, too."

         "But he didn't know Flapjack would die! Why would he feel guilty?!" Luz stated, confused. "It was all BELOS'S FAULT! HE SHOULD BE THE ONE TO BLAME!" Luz exclaimed, her tone of voice becoming more intense. "Yeah, yeah. I know. He has no reason to feel this way, but I'm not sure why he does. I mean, NONE of us knew his best friend would get murdered by Belos." Gus told the other teenager, looking at the basement stairs. "I was planning to go and talk to Hunter when he woke up. I went down to the basement earlier, and he was out cold." "Yeah, I don't blame him. He seemed exhausted after, you know, the possession."

         The two sat in the living room, waiting for Hunter to wake up. Luz was curled into a ball on the couch, reading The Good Witch Azura, and Gus stared outside through the window. It was a nice day, although the ground was still wet from the storm that occurred sometime during the night. The two were so lost in their thoughts that they didn't see Hunter walk into the living room. He didn't seem to want to socialize with anyone. He simply sat behind the couch, wrapping his arms around his legs.

         Luz heard a faint whimpering behind her, bringing her out of her vivid thoughts from reading. She curiously looked behind the couch, seeing Hunter. "Hunter, are you okay?" Luz asked. Hunter lifted his head, then looked at Luz "Y-yeah I'm okay." He replied, his voice still shaky from his crying. "You don't seem ok," Luz replied, getting up from the couch and sitting next to Hunter. "It's about Flapjack, isn't it?" Hunter almost began crying again. "Please...don't say his name." He told his sibling, looking away from her. Luz tried putting her hand on his shoulder to try and reassure him, but Hunter only jumped a bit and swatted her hand away. "Sorry.." Luz apologized.