#2

The purple turtle sat in the class, his finger tapping nervously on the desk. He glanced at the empty seat on his left and then on the clock.

'One minute remaining...'

Other students as well as the professor were ready to start the lesson. Anxiety started to build up in his body making him feel tense. Why was he so nervous anyway? He has all day to talk to them, and besides he isn't in that much hurry to work on improving their inventions. Nor he is excited to do that. Not at all.

Suddenly, in line with the bell announcing the beginning of the lesson, the door to the hall burst open almost falling off its hinges. And at the entrance stood no one other than y/n Parker.

Donnie sighed under his breath feeling the tension leaving him while the teacher looked at the newcomer unamused.

"Ah, Parker, you finally arrived. How delightful." big polar bear yokai crossed her arms on her chest.

"Good morning, Mrs. Storm! Nice to see you too." the teen answered with a bright smile. "I'm not late today, as you can see, and I have that assignment you wanted me to do."

[h/c]-haired student fanned themselves with blue folder, walking up to the older woman. They set the item down on her desk and walked in Donnie's direction. Waving with two of their fingers they settled on the empty seat beside him and started taking out their notepad and searching for some lose pen in their bag. Some of the other students started wispering between themselves.

"Hi. Sorry I left like that yesterday" y/n started a little awkwardly finally fishing out the [f/c] pen. "But I got more time to think about it and came to the conclusion that..."

The softshell turtle hold his breath. Right, they never said they agreed to the terms of proposition he made. The young hero was right, this is really risky. If anyone found out he was involved with Spiderman in any way, he could be in danger. His family could be in danger. Donatello, however, was confident in his abilities (maybe a little to confident) and belived he will be able to protect them.

"I know it's sudden, but I can assure you that-"

"I think we could give it a go." they cut him off. "But let's talk about it later. Mrs. Storm is pissed off enough with me already." a small chuckle escaped their mouth trying to light up the mood.

The turtle rolled his eyes and flicked them in the forehead earning a quiet yelp of surprise.

"Well, let me remind you that her actions are completely justified by you not being able to submit an assignment in established time period." he said it in the tone he would talk to a child (or Mikey).

"Is it my fault that bad guys always appear when I have work to do?" muttered the teen rubbing the sore spot. "By the way, you wanna eat lunch together? So we could talk and all. I have a cool spot were I usually eat alone, but I guess that you are worthy enough for me to tell you about it."

"Sigh, I'm starting to regret associating with you." playful tone could be heard in his voice making the statement way less theatening.

"Yeah, I hear it a lot." they announced while this time taking a book from their bag.

"You talk to other people?"

The teen stiffed, blushing from embarrassment.

"Do you talk to anyone beside your brothers and April?" they mocked in hushed voice.

"For your knowledge, I do-" the purple turtle began to answer matching their volume when they interrupted him.

"Artificial intelligence does not count, Donatello."