first date ~ sam hubbard

My friend Gracie introduced me to her husband Evan's teammate Sam a few weeks ago. We've been texting, hanging out and he finally asked me out on a date. To say I'm nervous is an absolute understatement.
"Okay what time is Sam picking you up?" Gracie asks over facetime.

"Seven" I say

"Okay it's 5:30, so you have about an hour and a half, where is he taking you?"

" I don't know" I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Okay wear those jeans you bought the other day"

"These?" I say holding up the pair of bootcut jeans.

"Yes, wear those, an oversized tee and curl your hair" she says as I groan at the mention of curling my hair.

-

"Coming!" I yell as I hear knocking. I open the door to see Sam wearing dark blue jeans and a tee shirt.

"Hey are you ready?" he asks.

"Yeah" I say. We walk out to his truck. He opens the door for me before getting in himself. Once he turns the truck on, the radio starts playing 'Carrying your love with me' by George Strait.

"You can change the station if you want" he says, pulling out of the driveway.

"Are you kidding me? I love George Strait" I say, turning the radio up as he looks at me smiling.

-

After driving for a few minutes we pull up to a movie drive-in. Sam finds a parking spot then we get out and Sam puts the endgate down revealing blankets, pillows, and a basket full of snacks.

"Do you like it?" he asks, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"I love it, it's perfect. Thank you Sam" I say hugging him, then he jumps up in the bed of the truck, and helps me up.

-

-

Once we get back to my house, Sam walks me to the door.

"Thank you for tonight." I say facing him.

"No problem, I had fun" he says, smiling. We look into each other's eyes. We stay like that for a few moments, before I start to grow impatient. "Are you gonna kiss me or not?" I say, as he laughs. He puts one hand on my cheek, the other on my lower back. He pulls me closer to him, so our bodies are practically pressed against each other, then he captures his soft lips with mine.

a/n: if you've never listened to George strait you haven't lived. 

I picture Sam as the small town/country music loving type. I don't know that's just my thoughts. Anyways I hope you liked it.

also please make sure to leave some requests, they help me and make it so I get imagines out quicker. 

 requested by: hubbvrd