Zone thoughts

*Sonic and Silver sitting on a Rail Canyon cliff face* 

Sonic: Hey Silver

Silver: Yeah?

Sonic: Do you ever wonder why we're here?

Silver: hmmm...

Silver: Well, it's one of life's great mysteries I suppose. Why are we here? Are we like, the product of some crazy cosmic coincidence, or is there really some sort of God watching everything? You know, with like a plan for all of us. I really don't know man, but it keeps me up at night. 

*Sonic stares at Silver confused*

Sonic: What? I mean why do we keep running through all these zones?

Silver: Oh... uh, yeah.

Sonic: What was all of that stuff about God?

Silver: ... nothing ...

Sonic: D- do you want to talk about it?

Silver: Maybe some other time...

Sonic: I mean, think about it though, we run through these death defying glorified obstacle courses filled with killer robots and endless pits at 200 miles and hour in order to catch up to Eggman, when he just ends up getting away in the end.

Silver: Your point is?

Sonic: I mean why don't we just go, like around or something. There is ground down there!

Silver: Yeah, but if there's any chance for us to catch Eggman before he inevitably unleashes his weapon of mass destruction, then we're going to take it, aren't we?

Sonic: Yeah, but... 

Sonic: That never ends up happening does it?

Silver: That's true...

Sonic and  Silver: *Both thinking intently*

Shadow: *In the background fighting a horde of badniks*

Shadow: WILL YOU TWO F***TARDS GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND HELP ME WITH THIS HORDE.

Sonic: Right!

That's why we're here.

A/N: If you get the reference, props