Chapter 16

Hello! OMG I actually updated on time. First chapter to my book "Madman" is now published, go check it out if you like Nate. Anywho, I apologize for what happened in the last chapter, and what is coming.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Three months have passed since the little quarrel between Jack and I. But I wouldn't call it little, we haven't talked since. The only people I've had contact with this entire summer is Shia, Sammy, Johnson, and Nate. But not him.

I'm not going to college, I was recommended to take a gap year, and I accepted. I see Nate and Shia most often. I was working on finding an apartment with her, maybe even Nate if she goes off to an out of state college.

I thought about the last three months while I examined my appearance in the mirror. I cut my hair to my shoulders, I wore an oversized sweater with a black skirt that peeked beneath it, torn stockings and platform back boots. I felt proud and smiled to myself as I put on my smiley piercing. Yes I got that tissue that connects your top lip to your gums pierced. Today was the day I see Jack again, but it's different. I was going to a bonfire that Jack happens to be going to, with his girlfriend.

The thought of her made me sigh. She had raven black hair that fell gracefully down her back and perfect lips with a cute little button nose. And of course she had the smallest of waists, it makes me feel even more self-conscience thinking about her perfect figure. Her name is Madison beer. The only reason I know her is because she was my "little sister" in the first week of my sophomore year, which is a little one week program where we help the freshman out.

Nate tells me that Jack calls her the love of his life, ironic.

I waited for Nate's phone call that informs me he's outside. Finally my phone rang and I picked it up.

"Ready?" I heard Nate's deep, raspy voice on the other line.

"Yeah." I answered and hung up before jogging down the stairs and walking out the door. I locked it behind me before stepping into Nate's car.

"You look cute." He laughed. I smiled and thanked him, he's sweet. He wore a black shirt and black pants he wore very low. Nate and me spend most of our days together, I don't know why but he's different, he takes necessary things seriously and other times he knows how to keep me smiling.

As we're driving I notice something.
"Why do you smell so good?" I asked.

"Cologne dumbass." He chuckles.

"You never wear cologne unless... oh my god who's coming?" He only wears this hot of cologne when he's about to fuck a girl, his words not mine.

"That chick, Carly or whatever. She's in for a nice night. Johnson said he'll take you home after." He smirked as he made a sharp turn.

"My goodness." I shook my head playfully as I laughed.

"We're here mama." He smiled as he kissed my cheek. I got out the car and adjusted myself before stepping forward. It was colder than expected. As we walked Nate spotted them close enough to the water where you can see the fire's light hitting the waves as it bounces on the sand and retreats. Blankets were settled on the ground along with white wood beach chairs. Johnson, Sammy, Shia, Carly were surrounding it. Along with Jack, and Madison. I took a deep breath and grasped Nate's arm, he knew I was uneasy.

Jack looked beautiful, he cut his hair but it was still sexy, he wore his burgundy sweater, knowing that color on him was my weakness, and black sweat pants. Madison wore gray tights along with a black nike sweater and black converse, even though she dressed casual she looked like she belongs on a runway.