Chapter 7

Lorenzo Caster-
After the explosion...
The last thing we heard was Elio telling us it was a trap. Then the building was blowing up right before us. I felt everything go dark before I woke up to Matteo shaking me.

His head seemed to be bleeding and Antonio had blood dripping down his arm and leg. We checked the coms for Celeste and Elio, but heard nothing. Please don't let them be dead, please not her.

We stare at each and listen to the silence. No one utters a word as the worst might have come. "A-are they?" Matteo says but refuses to finish.

"I don't know. I really don't know." I say back as Antonio puts his head down. This isn't a time for us to fall apart.

They got out in time right? If he gave us the warning then they should've. No way they're still in the building. No way they tried to defuse it right?

They wouldn't be killed this easily right. She wouldn't leave me right? My chest heaves up and down as my mind imagines the worst. I don't even realize I'm panicking until Matteo shakes my shoulders.

"Focus Lorenzo. Focus please I can't lose you too." He says as I force myself to calm down. I nod my head at him before turning around. "Just let me think for a second."

So everyone wasn't in the building for long. No gun fire erupted so that was the first sign. They must've came across a room with a bomb that explains it.

What happened in those few seconds of them finding it. Did they run or did they stay? Did they help us get out while they were trapped.

They could've been ambushed and trapped. If that's true then how did he warns us. Those few seconds no gun fire erupted either. So they made it. No way they ended up trapped.

The explosion took out all of our coms so we just can't talk right now. What if they're trying to signal us currently. What if they also think we're dead.

"They're still alive. I know it follow me." I say to Matteo and Antonio.

We start running to the front of the building screaming their names, but hear nothing in return. I hear a female yell my name back and I smile to myself. I knew it. They couldn't have died so easily.

We run over to them and find Celeste with tears running down her cheeks and Elio out cold. I watch as Celeste goes to check his pulse, but then she freezes.

Romeo drives up and pops out of nowhere and I'm guessing he heard the explosion. He rushes to Elio as Celeste watches it happen. She doesn't move and it doesn't look like she's breathing at all.

She finally stands after Romeo gets Elio into the car and she walks over to us. We all climb into the car and nobody says a thing.

She never once took her eyes off of Elio. I tried to get her attention to check for injuries, but she just ignored me. Everyone is hurting right now, but she is the most.

She looks perfectly fine so how did she come out unscathed? Why is Elio and the rest of us the only ones injured?

Michael knew something. He just died before he could tell me so does that mean these two things are connected?
Present time...

I pin Celeste up against the wall as she doesn't fight back. Currently we're in our hospital as Elio was just taken to surgery. Romeo was forced by Axel to sit this one out just in case.

"Why is he the only one in there? Why is he the only one in critical condition when you were right next to him?" I question her as she stares at the wall behind me.