III

Dorinda's POV

"Jacky I don't think this a good idea, it's only been a week and some days since Ry died. We should let her-"

"No Karen, she needs to get up. I get she's hurting but she's treating everybody like they killed Ry and I ain't raise her like that. I didn't raise none of y'all like that." I heard muffled voices, I wanted to get up and tell them to go to hell but I didn't even have the energy to do it.

I just rolled over and threw the covers over my head. I just laid there staring in the darkness, I couldn't believe that I lost my child for a second time. I felt like I wasn't going to survive this time.

"Get up." I felt the covers being pulled off my body and the lights being turned on. Once I finally came to terms what was happening, I immediately looked at my sisters like they was crazy.

"Have you lost your fucking mind?!" I said with venom laced in my words.

"Nah but you about to if you don't get yo butt up Grace." Jacky said not paying me any mind.

"Get out Jacky fa you take me there." I said with so much hate.

"Grace I would love to see you go thea. I guarantee you I will stomp a mudhole in ya. Now get yo butt up!"

I tried to jump at Jacky but Karen caught me and jumped in the middle because Jacky was tryna get at me. Karen hated when we fought but I'll be damn if anybody disrespects me in MY home. I didn't want to be bothered, I wanted to miss my kids in peace.

"Stop it you two! Now damn it y'all not bout to try to kill each other. Y'all sisters, we're supposed to be here for each other especially right now." Karen spoke with authority, scaring both of us a lil.

"Now Dorinda get yo ass up and get in the shower, we're going out to eat with the family. Jacky go find her something to wear." We didn't hesitate to do what she said because she never yelled let alone spoke firmly especially towards us.

I finally let the hot water flow through my curly hair and down my back, I don't know what came over me but I sobbed so loud. I wasn't understanding God's plan, why did He have to take my baby girl?

"Oh God! Why'd You take her from me!" I slid down my shower wall and brought my knees to chest while the water ran.

"THIS ISN'T FAIR!" I heard my sister calling my name but I couldn't move or nothing I was just numb.

"Aww Doe, come on honey." Karen washed my hair and my body like I was a child but at the moment I felt helpless and numb.

"This isn't fair Karen." I sobbed in her chest.

"I know honey, I know."

Karen's POV

Grace look so out of it, I'm praying this dinner brings her back to reality. I know nothing can replace the loss of her child but we don't want her falling back in that dark place when Londyn left.

"Grace we're here, come on let's eat I know you want some fried chicken." She didn't even look at me, it was like I wasn't even here.

I gently grabbed her and helped her out the car. Greg and everybody else was already there but me and Jacky went to get her. I threw my arm around her waist so I could hold her up since her walking was like an injured person.

"Hey Mama, I ordered you favorite drink and food so you got here just in time." Her eldest, Nikki said with a gentle smile but yet again she was out of it.

It was just like last time when Londyn left. She was so broken we didn't think we was ever gon get her back. Londyn has always been her favorite child because she related to her the most. They loved the same things, have the same birthday, and not to mention they're twins. Londyn was her miracle baby.

Flashback 1999

"Mrs. Cole if I deliver this baby, you and/or this baby have a 1% chance of living. It was extremely dangerous for you carry to full term but now it's even more dangerous that you wanna deliver naturally." Doctor Jefferson stated firmly.

"No offense but I don't give a damn of what you saying. Me and my daughter are gonna be happy and healthy after you deliver her." Dorinda said angrily. I quickly asked the doctor to give us minute.

"Dorinda- I started to speak but Grace cut me off.

"No Karen, I said what I said." I just sighed, she's not even being reasonable.

"Grace you're not being reasonable right now. You speaking off emotion not logic, okay! He just said both of you could die why aren't you thinking about this?" I said feeling myself getting angry.

Greg was stuck in traffic on the other side of town when Grace was brought to the hospital, luckily I was already with her.

"What is there to think about Karen?! This is my child!"

When Dorinda found out she was pregnant with Londyn the doctors told her she wouldn't carry to full term and that it was best to have an abortion. But of course Dorinda didn't listen and by the grace of God she carried full term.

"Doe I understand trust me I do but we need you sis. Your kids need you, your husband need you, I need you sis. Please just let him do the C-section and we'll go from there."

"No I can do this Kare. We can do this. My faith is in God and I know Him and Mama is watching over us so no I'm doing this."

Present

After Londyn was born she spent 2 months in the hospital before she could actually go home and when she did go home Greg and Grace acted like she was their first child. They had to really be careful with her cause at the time she was fragile but now my baby is all grown up and I hope she's doing well.

"Alright here's everybody's food, y'all let me know if you need anything else." I thanked the waiter and we all said grace and began eating. Once Grace got some food in her I could tell she started to lighten up, she even started talking.

"Hey baby I'mma go play some music any requests?" My husband, Drew, said.

"Play my favorite song honey." He nodded his head and smiled as he walked over to the jukebox.

Within seconds I heard As by Stevie Wonder blast through the speakers. It didn't take long for me to start singing along, I loved this song so much. This song holds specific memories for me.

"You can rest your mind assure, that I'll be loving you always." I sung softly and rocked back and forth.

"Did you know that life has given love a guarantee, to last through forever and another day." I heard a familiar voice softly sing. I thought it was Grace's but I saw she was talking to Greg.

"...The love of me I've left behind cause I'll be loving you always." I turned around to the direction the sweet voice was coming from and tears filled my eyes.

"Londyn?"