Chapter 76. To You, In the Past

Start from the beginning

After all the guests have been escorted to their rides, the doors to Anderson's manor have shut close. The servants have cleaned the dining table, collecting the porcelain plates, stacking the wine glasses, and threw away the dirtied tablecloth into a burning fireplace.

"My dear," a small sweet voice rang in the hallway.

Anderson was surprised to that voice. His silver eyes had a twinkle of undisguised joy in them, and he immediately jumped into the arms of his beloved. "Rachelle!" He hugged his wife, but then scolded her with a concerned expression, "Didn't I tell you to rest in bed? Your body is still weak."

The young woman was slender and pale, her long locks of black hair were like a waterfall of ink. Despite being a mother of three children already, Rachelle still had the appearance of a young maiden. Her youthful look was still there. She wore only a sleeveless nightdress, with lacy white frills embellished at the hem.

Rachelle shook her head softly, "Is your brother bothering you again?"

Anderson shook it off. "It's fine. It is nothing that I cannot handle." He shone a smile, with his tiger-tooth flashing charmingly.

"Then come and visit our baby boy," Rachelle gave a side smile, her gaze filled with warmth. "He has only just come to this world. We should treasure every moment we've got."

In her bed chamber, a baby crib had been situated in the centre.

The newborn boy was sleeping with a soft hushed breath, his plump skin glowing in the moonlight's embrace. His body was covered in a white blanket, and only his small hands were revealed.

Subconsciously, Anderson felt his fatigue melt away. Something inside of him had softened. He marvelled at the small boy, so weak and useless—but carried endless possibilities for the future. Seeing the birth of a new life had always made his stern side unravel.

"Lucy sleeps well," Anderson spoke quietly.

His third child—Lucilline Rubius—was named after the name "Lucy", which meant light. Anderson hoped for his child to always shine brightly. One day, this light will attract many wonders and splendours.

Rachelle leaned her chin on her husband's shoulder.

She closed her eyes, and a soft smile crept up her lips.

*****

"Be careful, Lucy!" It has been a year since the birth of Lucilline Rubius, and the small boy has begun taking his first steps on land. A puny figure struggled in the distance, with short limbs and slow waddles. Gradually, the small figure began crawling up from the wooden floorboards.

Lucilline had short black hair, the soft locks were like a bird's nest made of raven feathers. His eyes contained the splendid colour of liquid gold, just like his mother's. The one-year boy wore a small attire, with a scarlet red dress.

The frilly skirt swayed by his short knees, and his feet were covered by white socks.

The red baby dress was originally Scarletta's, but was eventually passed on to each of the newborn siblings. At last, it was time for Lucilline to inherit it.

"...that's it, just like that." Rachelle had stars shining in her golden eyes. She crouched approximately a metre away from her child, watching Lucilline take his first steps. "Come over here to Mommy!" Rachelle spread open her arms, bellowing out to her youngest child.

On the other side of the boy, Anderson crouched there expectantly.

He also opened his arms, "Here, son! Your Father is waiting here!"