Chapter 7

A.N: same party but from taehyun's pov (dual pov for the same scene won't happen that often this is just to see inside tae's silly little brain when he realizes)

Taehyun was, for lack of a better word, fucked.

He'd always stayed out of people's lives, and been invisible to almost everyone. And he'd been fine with it.

So why on earth did he throw that out the window to help some boy?

Actually, not some boy. The boy he was supposed to murder, for Titan's sake.

He had been miserable the entire party, expectantly. The moment Kai bounced away to talk to Yeonjun, he had begun scanning the party for any source of entertainment.

He already tried to find Apollo's son, looking for any symbols of archery or war. But other than Ryujin's incredible Athena outfit, he'd found none. After giving up, he'd resigned to people watching until it was socially acceptable to leave.

He found the boy from archery, and almost smiled at how he looked just as alone until he saw what he was wearing. Black and white. White thick lines, black overtop them. It was such an odd outfit, or maybe Taehyun was just stupid. The kid looked like a walking piano.

And that's when it hit him.

Piano.

He froze. Of course.

He had been so fucking caught up in the fighting aspect of Apollo's legacy, that he was too dumb to remember that the God was just as much, if not more, known for music.

After realizing his stupidity, he felt a wave of dread wash over him. 

The boy from archery, who landed a bullseye from literally a mile away, was who he was supposed to beat in combat. Sure, easy.

He also wasn't thrilled at how pretty the boy looked. If he was killing some weirdo-stuck up brute, it'd be fine. But this boy was no jock. He was slim, and elegant looking. His hair was brown and down to his shoulders, and Taehyun noticed the constant twirling of the ring on his slender, pretty hands.

He physically shook himself awake. Pretty hands?  He needed to get it together.

But not only all of that, the boy looked kind. Taehyun watched as he'd found two other boys and smiled at them. Their conversation was far away, but he'd noticed the way his eyes lit up when he spoke. 

He'd also noticed that he should probably stop staring, before it got creepy. You know, because it had been totally normal up until that point.

That's when Kai jumped back by his side on the couch.

"Have you died of social interaction yet?" he inquired as he watched Taehyun jump.

"What? No..." he stated dispassionately before turning back to Apollo's son.

Kai stared at him. "Why on Earth are you blinking even less than normal? Which...dude...is saying a lot. You should really quit that. It creeps me out."

Taehyun nodded without words, still dazed, and Kai followed his stare. He then saw the group, and smirked when noticing who Taehyun was looking at.

"Oh. So you've found Beomgyu."

"What?" Taehyun startled. Kai pointed to the boy. "Yeonjun told me. He's Choi Beomgyu. Son of Apollo. Just like I said." Kai proudly stated, but Taehyun was barely listening. He looked at the boy again, and attached a name to a face.