Chapter 1

This is a short opening for the book

_________

"We're here!"

Eh? Where am I? And whose voice was that just now?

"It's been a while since I've been here, mainly because my mom told me that it was dangerous to be out here alone. But considering that we're parting away..."

Who is this little girl that's talking to me? And why is my body so small?

"I've been having lots of fun ever since you came here, Y/N. It really, really was. It's a shame that you have to move far away."

Is this... a dream? I don't remember ever coming here before, yet why does this feel so nostalgic? Could it be possible that this is a part of my memory that's been buried away?

"I'm sorry, ₛₜₙᵧᵦₘₙ"

Was.. was that me? and did I just mumble her name? No, that couldn't be possible. Oh, look. Now I'm walking towards her.

"It's okay, Y/N. I just want to cherish the moment we have left."

Now that I took a closer look at her face, it seems... blurred? Flat? I can't seem to make out her face, no matter how hard I try. Who is this?

"Promise me that you won't forget about me, okay?"

She lifted her pinky finger up. Intertwining it with mine. I'm sorry, whoever you are. But I seem to have forgotten about you.

Oh no. She's starting to tear up.

"I really wish you could've stayed here longer, Y/N. I don't want you to leave... please..."

"Please... stay..."

His eyes shot up, as he found himself breathing heavily with the position of those who are messy sleepers. He was surprised by the sound of his alarm going off and thought to himself.

"What was that? It felt as if I had woken up from a nightmare."

He looked to his left, opening his phone to turn off the alarm. He placed it back, taking a deep breath and thinking of what had happened earlier in his rest.

"Where even was that? It certainly seemed beautiful, but how come I can't even recall it in the slightest?"

He sat up on his bed, hanging his head low and trying to remind himself of the possibly buried memory he had. No matter how hard he tries, it just doesn't seem to ring a bell.

*knock* *knock*

"Oppa, wake up. It's almost time for school. You're almost graduating and yet you're-"

He saw his sister had a frightened look upon his face. She stepped closer towards him, asking.

"Oppa, What happened? You look pale. Are you sick?"

She placed her hand on his forehead, and was slightly relieved that he doesn't seem to be burning up.

"It's okay, Haerin-ah. I'm fine."

He patted her head, calming her down and replied.

"Thanks for worrying about me."