19|| A Brother

Começar do início

"Yeah...She's fantastic..." I lie through my teeth as he beams.

"I have to supervise Tuk in the forest, I'll be back in a couple hours" I tell him, walking off before he can respond. I don't know if I want to cry because I was practically kicked out of a family members home while she was in need of support, or that the baby is pumping me with unnecessary hormones.

Either way it doesn't stop the feeling in the back of my throat, the one begging me to sob uncontrollably. Aonung's grandmother hadn't even met me, but when she said I shouldn't be in the room, I couldn't help think that she really meant I should leave the island all together.

I walked in the forest quickly, not bothering to admire the nature around me. I just wanted to find a large tree I could climb up and cry on. Aonung was so excited today I knew he wouldn't notice if I went missing, he was anxious about the birth of his new sister or brother. I knew it was normal but it sent an arrow through my heart. I kept forgetting that I wasn't actually related to him, I'd probably always come second place to his family, I'd never be his top priority. 

The thought alone made me even sadder, I tiredly climbed the tree, giving up on the prospect of being happy today. I sat on a branch, leaning my head against the trunk of the tree.

If the world was only going to see me as a forest girl, there's no point in trying to be anything different. 

I let out a final breath as the tears began to fall. They fell mercilessly, dampening the bark beneath me as my body wracked with sobs. I wrapped my arms around myself, wanting any sort of comfort as I continued to cry. 

I wanted to be comforted, yet be left alone. I wanted someone to tell me everything was okay, but I didn't want anyone to see me at my weakest. I stopped momentarily, wiping a hand over my cheeks to clear the water, it was no use as it still kept silently flowing. I knew my mate wouldn't come, he thought I was laughing with Tuk right now. I heard the sound of the horn that was played with Nityra's ceremony as my ears twitched. From my place in the tree's I could see that  people began to swim to the shore, quickly spilling onto the land. The last child of the Tsahìk and Olo'ekytan was born, all attention set on the child. 

Nobody would notice if I wasn't there. 

Aonung's POV: 

I heard the sound of the horn as I began to sprint towards the family marui. I didn't understand how A'nityra could sit still all day. She's probably running out of the forest with Tuk right now, feeling as happy as I am about the birth of a family member. A'nityra would give birth in six months and I was beyond excited, especially when she had the smallest bump yesterday, she said she was just bloated from eating but I thought different. 

I quickly burst into the marui and saw a baby swaddled into mothers arms as Dad looked down, cooing at the newborn. My arrival made them tense until they realised it was me. They proudly showed me the baby. 

"It's a boy" Dad whispered, I smiled, twirling a finger in front of the child, it's small hand wrapped around my smallest finger, as I chuckled. My father helped my mother stand as they began to walk out, I followed behind them as the clan awaited outside, wafting over to my grandmother she smiled pinching my cheek, softly kissing the side she pinched. I smile brightly, my eyes scanning around, searching for my mate. I see Tuk which means she couldn't be far. 

My father bellowed the child's name as the bonfire raged. The people began to sing and dance as I rushed to ask Tuk where A'nityra was this entire time. Once I found her again her eyes locked with mine as she ran up to me. 

"Hi Tuk, Where's A'nityra?" I ask, her brows furrow in confusion as mine do the same.

"How would I know?" She shrugs.