At Viraj's Place

Blake parked the car at side and started walking towards Viraj's house and was admiring the work done by his friend, the house was in Georgian colonial home but completely built on a farm with pretty fountain in front, the house itself was excluding a classy aura, which definitely got her attention. "The house is much better looking now, compared to past week" a voice was heard from side, "You seriously, don't have any right to spoil this art piece, one more accident and I am ready to buy the house from you" Blake said while going to Viraj. "You visited me after months, and the first thing you mention is taking something away from me, tell me Ms. Blake why am I not surprised anymore?" Viraj replied as he went and hugged her. "How are you?" both of them asked at same time and laughed at each other "I am good and from the looks of it, I assume you are doing well too!" Blake replied. "It is perfect, only disadvantage is too many rooms for a single person, kind of gets scary during storms" "Then find someone Viraj" Blake said with a hint of anger in her voice. "Mom, is that you? You came back in Blake's form now?" Viraj said as he was touching her face. "Idiot" She laughed while trying to hit him and as usual he dodged the punch. "Let's go in, I don't want Ms. Lopez to know that I am the reason for your sunburn" "Its cloudy, Idiot" She replied while rolling her eyes "In that case, I don't want you to get drenched either" he smiled. "I don't think it's going to rain soon and besides, I love your garden, so let's sit there" "As you wish Milady" Viraj said as both proceeded into his garden. Viraj's mother Kate expired few years back and, in her memory, he made sure that garden looks exquisite, because his mother was too fond of gardens and always used to stay there, it is usually out of bounds for everyone, and he ensured there is tight security to garden rather than house. All the plants were arranged in color statement around another small fountain and there is a huge tree to the side, where branches were altered for the porch swing to be placed. Since his garden is always at the back of the house, he made sure that it can even be converted as a greenhouse too. "Aunt would never even come into your house if she saw this" Blake said with a nostalgic feeling, "Yeah, should have built it sooner" Viraj said with a smile and a hint of sadness which Blake saw and hugged him, "You did it, that's all it matters now, she would be happy somewhere seeing you now" Viraj hugged back. "No more emotional drama now" He said with a loud voice, "Tell me what you want to eat, I will inform my chef?" "I just had lunch Viraj" "Then dinner Blake", "I think I will pass" "So, six months of distance from you and we start behaving like strangers, tell me how I knew exactly that this will happen?" "Once again, don't be a drama queen, Misa may join us too" "Okay, so now you think I don't have food to feed two of you?" Blake did her eyeroll "Don't worry Ms. Dwellington, I may not provide such quality food like you do to your girlfriend, but its basic stuff, I hope you don't decline a poor man's invitation" Viraj continued with sarcasm marked in his every word. "A poor man who lives in a colonial house, huh?" She replied. "I already told Misa that I will pick her up from work, then we will come back for dinner. Is that okay poor man?" "Thank you, Madame, for accepting it" "I swear one more word with sarcasm and I may throw you from the third floor of your building" Blake said as she gave her look. "Finally, she is back. Lord has mercy on me" Viraj laughed as ran into his house. Blake sat on the swing smiling and thinking to herself about how he ended up as her best friend from childhood. After a while she was lost in her own thoughts reminding about her past old days.

Seven years back

"Blake where are you?" Viraj was on phone shouting, "Jeez, look in front of you at least" She replied and she came walking into her college Auditorium, and turning all eyes onto her as she walked on to stage, she was wearing a black blazer with a red blouse inside, having an aura of a great businesswoman. As she walked on stage, a loud round of cheers can be heard from her old classmates. They all were attending their reunion party after years and everyone was excited to catch up with their professors and friends. She shook Principal's hand and proceeded near podium to give her speech. Dwellington family was always close with school management and since they assisted in funding for few of the educational programs, Blake's father would always be invited for a speech and this time Blake was covering on behalf of him. Blake kept it short while talking about her experience at school and mentioning few of her favorite professors. As soon as she was done with her speech, everyone was left with nostalgic feelings, remembering the good old days.