Chapter 11 The Wicked Witch of the West

Start from the beginning

     "You monster!" Aubrey cried out angerly. "You're horrible and wicked!"

     "That's me, wicked indeed," she replied, chuckling.

     "Let us go, Witch!" I demanded indignantly.

     "First of all, Child, I have a name. It's Zelena, the Wicked Witch of the West. I assume you have names as well. Who are you? Now speak, Children."

     We told our names.

     "Now where are you from, and how did you get here?" she demanded.

     We explained that we came from the Enchanted Forest and landed here through a cyclone. Then Zelena scowled, replying, "That is how that horrid girl, Dorothy, arrived here. I would give anything to have her in my clutches. And you speak of the Enchanted Forest. I know that place very well; for it was once my home. My sister lives there," she finished with fury in her eyes.

     "What is her name?" I asked curiously.

     "Regina," Zelena replied, fuming with hatred.

     "No way!" I exclaimed. "She is our enemy!" Aubrey and I then exchanged amused glances because the Wicked Witch and the Evil Queen were sisters.

     "I'm not surprised you know her; for it's a small world after all," Zelena responded.

     "Why do you hate her so much as it seems?" Aubrey asked.

     Zelena turned her back on us. "My sister got everything I've ever wanted, and I got nothing! Our mother kept her and abandoned me when I was only a baby," muttered Zelena with hatred. "It's so unfair," she whined. "If only she could be in my unfortunate state. I deserve better than this." Zelena turned around. "I want her to feel my pain. I want her to suffer like I have!" She clenched her fist. "And I tell you one of these days I will get my happy ending because wicked always wins!"

     "Your envy is driving you mad," I returned. "Just look at your...," I paused, staring at her green complexion. "Now if you'd excuse us, we should go now." I turned around, grabbing Aubrey's hand. But suddenly, the emerald door that opened to her dining hall shut closed. We spun around, alarmed.

     "Oh, you're not going anywhere, and you can't run from me that easily," Zelena said, laughing maliciously.

     "Why are you trapping us?" I asked boldly. "What do you want?"

     "Why, I just realized that I might just be able to get you two back home if you do something for me in return," Zelena replied as she touched her large, emerald necklace with a sly grin.

     "We will never do anything for you even if it means you can take us home," I retorted. "Besides, you could only be playing us."

     "Such fools to reject my gracious offer!" exclaimed the witch. "You are missing out on your only opportunity to finally get back. You would rather be stuck here forever?"

         Narrated by Aubrey (continued)

     "Fine, what is it you exactly need then?" I questioned irritably.

     Zelena began. "Deep in the heart of the dark forest lies the crimson heart, and this powerful object, made from crystal, is hidden inside a magic-sealed chest on the bottom of a swamp."

     "And why can't you find this object yourself if you know where it is located," I questioned suspiciously, crossing my arms in a hot manner.

     Zelena cast me a frown and replied crossly, "Because this object is inside a chest protected with light magic, a magic that repels the darkness, and with a heart as wicked as mine, I cannot unseal it myself. But as innocent as I see you two are, I sense you hold pure hearts, hearts that give you the potential for good and the ability to break any light magic spells."