I sniggered at him. "It didn't even touch your mouth."

Loki smirked at me. "I'd move that snake if I were you," he nodded to my hand.

"What sna-" I started. My eyes immediately dropped to my right hand. A snake appeared from under the table and quickly slithered around my wrist.

My heart started to pound and my breathing sped up. "Get it off!" I whisper-yelled, trying to shake the snake off. I looked to Loki helplessly who was leaning back with his arms crossed, a smirk plastered across his face.

"You little-" I said through my teeth angrily, gripping the snake with my left hand and yanking as hard as I could. Luckily, it let go and I had to squeeze it so it wouldn't slither out of my palm.

I glared at Loki before his eyes glanced at my hand.

"Azeli?" He asked quietly.

I stopped glaring to see what he was referring to. I was squeezing the snake so hard that it was now stiff and lifeless. Suddenly, my hand started to grow warm, and before I could release the animal, it caught fire and turned to ashes immediately. I unraveled my hand and the ashes floated to the floor, vanishing as Loki's hand opened.

"Why did I do that?" I whispered, staring at my palms.

"I couldn't say," he told me, taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

I looked at him. "I thought you said you knew a lot about me."

Loki's hands went up in defense. "Correct, but I don't know all the details of what you're capable of-"

"Is that why you're sticking around?" I cut him off, pointing a finger at him. "To see if I could be useful?"

Loki glared at me and was going to reply before the coffee shop door swung open, causing the bells to jingle again.

I turned just in time to see a hoard of policemen clad in gear enter the room, guns aimed. They looked around and approached me and Loki as soon as they noticed us.

"You!" They yelled at me. "Who are you two?"

I quickly stood up, holding my hot chocolate. Loki did the same, and I glanced at him to make sure he was still dressed appropriately so as to not cause suspicion.

Before I could respond, the officer said, "Excuse me, but this is important. You two can't be here right now. I'm going to ask you to leave."

"What's the situation?" I asked before I could think. Jesus Christ, Tessa...

"We need to go," I barely heard Loki murmur.

I agreed, and went to move, but the officer put an arm out in front of me.

"Did you two happen to see what happened two blocks over about twenty minutes ago?"

We both shook our heads. "No," I told him.

"You look familiar," the man ignored me, giving Loki a look.

Uh oh.

"I'm sorry, I look familiar?" Loki repeated, pointing his thumb to his chest.

The man nodded, not blinking. "You look like that guy who tried to take over Manhattan."

"You can't just say that to random civilians," I jumped in, accusing the officer. "What if he wasn't the guy?"

"What did you say?"

Fuck.

The man raised his gun as his two partners lunged forward and grabbed mine and Loki's arms, twisting them behind our backs and taking out sets of handcuffs.