"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked angrily.

He just chuckled at me and started to pace again, which frustrated me.

"No, no, no," I told him, "stop pacing. You're making me nervous."

His head turned to me, and he tried not to laugh. He came back over to me. "You're quite stubborn, aren't you?"

"You keep distracting me, or avoiding my question. I just think I deserve to know what's going on."

He didn't say anything, just stared.

"You said... you wanted to see Earth one last time before you go to jail, I guess, right?"

He nodded.

"Well, you did. So, shouldn't you be in Asgard instead of causing trouble here?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Loki glared at me. "There are plenty of reasons why I refuse to rot in chains for the rest of my existence when I have the chance to save myself," he spat. "Regardless, even if I decided to follow my father's rules, the BiFrost is broken. It's cutting me and Thor off from returning to or contacting Asgard."

"Hm," I hummed in understanding. "Maybe if you play your cards right, your father will let you off the hook."

Loki scoffed. "Do you really think that's a possibility?"

"I mean, does he hate you that much?" I muttered.

A couple seconds of deafening silence ticked by.

"Yes," was all he said.

His glare softened, and I made a mental note.

I found a weakness.

Daddy issues.

I watched as his expression slightly changed, giving me an idea of what emotions he was feeling. Maybe it's just a... motherly or love instinct, I don't know, but I wanted to comfort him. I really did strike a nerve, and it made me feel bad.

Well, he has daddy issues and I have mommy issues, so...we'd be perfect for each other.

I wasn't going to take his vulnerable state to my advantage, though. Yes, he's done some pretty fucked up shit, but he still deserves to be treated with normal human decency. Maybe even more...

Maybe that's his problem? Maybe he's never had anyone to love or who's loved him. And having a father like that and no one to talk to about it or to help him through it can really mess with someone and their actions.

I didn't know what to say, so I rocked nervously on my heels and waited to see if he would follow up with anything. I decided it would be better to drop this topic of conversation since it was touchy.

"I'm sorry," was all I could think of to say. Loki snapped out of his state and gave me a weird look.

His eyes hardened as I felt pressure around my head again. My ears started to hum and I grew slightly dizzy.

I just continued to stare at him with an apologetic look on my face.

He shook his head and sighed. "Nothing I do works on you."

Relief washed over me as I straightened my posture, thanking my powers for whatever they just saved me from.

"I'm sorry," I blurted out.

What?

He gave me the same weird look and scoffed. "You are so confusing."

I shrugged. "If it makes you feel better, I don't know where that came from."