Chapter 1

I hope you guys enjoy this new story. Vote and comment, please!

I'll try to continue The Truth Hurts, not like anyone really cares.

I will take this new story as seriously as possible cause my aim is to actually publish this one day, when and if I finish it. Thank you for taking your time reading this.

VOTE AND COMMENT xoxoxox

--------------------------------------------

"Honey, you okay?" My mom asks, concern written all over her face.

"Yeah, mom." I say as sincerely as I can.

I didn't really want her to think otherwise. She had enough things to worry about and I didn't want to add up to that. I didn't want to add to her burdens.

"I'm taking you shopping today." She informs me with a small smile on her face. "We'll leave in an hour so get ready."

I nod at her and start to walk away from the living room and towards the stairs that lead up to my new bedroom.

"Evey?" My mom suddenly speaks up, causing my feet to stop in their tracks. "If you need to talk about anything to me, I'm here for you. That's all."

I close my eyes out of frustration and sadness. My insides were starting to feel heavy and I couldn't breathe normally anymore. Though I recover after a few short seconds and grunt a reply, indicating to her that I had heard her. I start walking away again and this time, I do reach my bedroom.

I take a few clothes out but they're all inappropriate for a day out in the Californian heat.

I carelessly set aside sweaters and t-shirts hoping that a tank top with thin clothing would magically appear. Seeing as I had no other choice, I take a t-shirt out and skinny jeans and pull them on. After this trip to the mall, I'll feel better.

I walk back down the stairs promising myself to buy as many sleeveless shirts and short shorts once we got to the mall.

***

After a long day of shopping and picking out new clothes that would be appropriate for the Californian weather, I was beyond tired. I needed to get out of the house for some air because I was really tired of flipping around TV channels and coming across a whole lot of uninteresting programs.

I stand up from the couch and start to walk out the front door, sporting a muscle shirt and some shorts (finally) and think of a place to go.

"Mom!" I call out to the house. "I'm just gonna go out for a walk!"

"Sure thing, sweetie!" Mom calls back to me from somewhere in the house. "Be careful!"

Seeing as I had gotten my permission, I go out of the door and walk around the neighborhood without a clue of where I was going or where I even wanted to go.

As I stroll around all alone, I catch a whiff of the salty scent of the sea and I finally have an idea of where to go.

Passing a few streets and houses, I reach my destination.

The beach was empty and abandoned. There were a few lights that illuminated the wide area of sand and salty water but it only shed faint light below it. From where I stood, I could hear the sound of the waves crashing on the shore louder and I could smell the saltiness of the ocean even better. A sense of calm washed over me from out of nowhere and I welcomed it because I hadn't felt this calm and peaceful in such a long time.

I start walking the area and sink my feet into the cold sand, sending a shiver through my spine. With the peaceful feeling inside me, I am finally able to reorganize my thoughts and I am swallowed by them.