Good Old-Fashioned Loverboy

I threw down the ending of this chapter while listening to Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy and now I wish I could've blasted it throughout writing the entire thing lol.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Warm lips, pressed together, softly, slowly, sweetly. Dancing together in a gentle, passionate kiss.

Grian was leaning over Scar, his left hand resting on Scar's shoulder while his right hand cupped his cheek, his fingers lightly curled around his jaw. He could feel the scruff of Scar's beard against his nose, but that barely mattered to him.

Grian had kissed before- several times before-, but never like this. Nothing had ever felt like this.

This. This felt right. It felt natural. It felt meant to be.

Scar was the first to break the kiss, slowly pulling away, his hand pulling away from where Grian was now realizing it had been resting on his cheek.

"As much as I love kissing you Spider-Man style, my neck and back are killing me." Scar spoke softly as Grian now pulled away, letting him sit back upright.

"Sorry.." Grian mumbled, stepping around Scar to take a seat on the couch once again.

"No, it's fine.." Scar waved him off before folding his hands in his lap.

The two sat in silence for a solid moment before Grian spoke up.

"So.. What does this make us now?"

Scar blinked.

"We're.. soulmates?" Scar questioned after a second.

Grian rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I get that. I've known that. I meant more in terms of our relationship."

Scar blinked again. Grian sighed again.

"Do you want to just go straight into dating from being acquaintances and telling everyone that we are soulmates, or do you want to chill on it and build the relationship?" Grian explained further.

"Ohh.." Scar nodded as he realized what Grian was trying to ask him, "I'm fine with whatever you want. I'd assume you're asking because you want to keep it on the down low?"

"May we?" Grian asked softly, "No offense to you, but I've only talked with you for like two days! I know we're soulmates and all and we're 'destined for each other' and whatnot, but, honestly, Scar, I hardly know you!"

Scar chuckled softly, nodding in agreement, "Of course, Grian. Just let me know when you're ready to tell anyone."

"That is, if Cleo, Etho, and Joel haven't spilled things to everyone.." Grian sighed softly. He honestly hadn't talked much with any of his friends- having been too busy with schoolwork- so he didn't know if the three had told anyone else in their friend group. He, at least, hadn't gotten any calls or texts about it, so he could have some hope.

"Though, you did just kiss me like you've known me for years." Scar teased with a grin on his lips.

Grian felt his cheeks heat up at the tease and he turned his gaze off to the side.

"It felt right.." Grian mumbled, biting his lip gently, wondering if he had taken it too fast for himself.

"Don't be ashamed, it was nice. It did feel right." Scar spoke, leaning forward and reaching out to rest a hand over Grian's hand. "And I don't mind if you want to just keep this behind closed doors until we figure out who- or what- we are together."

Grian nodded before slowly managing to look back up at Scar. Scar offered him a gentle smile in return, taking his hand in his own now.

"Can I kiss you..?" It was Grian's turn to ask the question and Scar nodded slowly.