wolf moon

"Get your shoes on, I heard dad get a call about a body in the woods." Stiles said peaking his head into my room.

"And what does that have to do with me?" I asked and he smirked.

"You, me, and Scott are going to go look for it."

"And Scott agreed to this?" I asked and he tilted his head.

"Not yet, but he will if you're there."

"Dads gonna kill us." I said and Stiles groaned.

"Come on Nina, I covered for you all those times you snuck out to Jackass's." He said and I rolled my eyes.

Jackson was my first everything freshman year. I had really thought I loved him until he decided he had to have the best, and that was Lydia.

One of my childhood best friends, and my brothers obsession since kindergarten. I never blamed Lydia for Jackson wanting her, I mean the girl is a goddess.

"If I go will you stop mentioning him?" I asked and he nodded rapidly.

"Great. I'll meet you downstairs." I said as I grabbed a pair of shoes and started to put them on.

I was supposed to go to Scott's anyway. Over the summer he and I started something. I didn't know what it was, because we didn't talk about it. It's just when Stiles wasn't around sometimes we'd do the boyfriend and girlfriend stuff like kiss, hold hands, and other stuff.

I waited for Stiles in the jeep while he went inside to go get Scott.

"I'd expect this from Stiles, but not you." Scott said as he and Stiles got into the jeep.

"As if I had a choice. I'm only here so if you get caught dad goes easy on you." I said and Stiles rolled his eyes.

"Come on Nina don't pretend like you had something better to do. You've been sulking all summer." Stiles said and I scoffed.

"Have not."

"You kinda have." Scott said and I shoved his shoulder.

"Lydia can have Jackson. I'm pretty sure he's-" I went to say but Stiles slammed on his brakes and jumped out of the jeep.

"This way." He yelled and Scott and I hesitantly followed.

"We're seriously doing this?" Scott asked as we walked besides Stiles who held the flashlight.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town."

"Nina and I were trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott said and Stiles rolled his eyes.

"She's cheer captain and you'll be sitting on the bench. It doesn't require much effort." Stiles said.

"No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line." Scott said and we both looked at him in disbelief.

"Hey, that's the spirit! Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one like Nina's dream where Jackson takes her back." Stiles said and I shoved him.

"Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" Scott asked and I stopped dead in my tracks.

"You never told me it was half of a body." I said and Scott just chuckled at the scared look on my face.

"Whoever killed the body could still be out here." Scott said and I just looked at Stiles with wide eyes.

"Didn't think about that." Stiles said and I just marched past him.

"I hate you." I said going further into the woods with Stiles following and Scott struggling to keep up.

"Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" Scott said gasping for air as he leaned on a tree and pulled out his inhaler.