[11]

◄ ◊ ►

◄ ◊ ►

"you came here with whom?!", my mother's scandalized voice erupted from the kitchen, preoccupied to finish the dinner, me and dad were waiting for, once i had enlightened her and my father, about the person, who was responsible for my quite precipitated visit.

"jungkook.", i repeated the culprit's name as my dad looked up from his newspaper, his condemning eyes stabbing in mine as i smiled at him sheepishly, clearing my throat and reaching out for my drink before taking a large sip from it, dodging any further eye-contact but my method of avoiding any more confrontation of the latter opposite of me was clearly to no avail as my father's voice stroke my ears in an alarmed manner.

"jungkook? the one, who abandoned you for some unknown reason and left you crying for months? that jackass?"

"dad!!", i scolded him in dismay as he shrugged out nonchalantly, not assessing his phrasing as inappropriate at all.

"what? that brat hurt my baby.", he defended himself as well as the choice of his wording as i rolled my eyes, leaning back in my seat with folded arms.

"i'd like to remind you, that you kept addressing him as your son-in-law after he kept helping you changing your car's tires.", i pointed out whilst curling up my lips and raising my chin in the air like some kind of smart aleck, thinking i have defeated him with that unbearable remark but i obviously ticked off the wrong one as my father dropped his next quick-witted answer.

"that was before he played with my daughter's feelings.", he grumbled out as i sighed in reserve, acknowledging the reluctance my father was sensing towards jungkook, which was understanding, he had witnessed me in my most shattered form, once jungkook left me behind and that left a scar on him too.

"he apologized to me though, he had his reasonings.", i claimed as then my mom was balancing the huge pot of soup to the dining table, a mock rolling off her tongue.

"so, that boy has to spill one meaningless sorry and everything is forgotten, don't be so naive, yn.", my mother objected, attempting to convince me from her point but i remained sturdied, detaining on my own opinion, which definitely favored my choice of forgiving jungkook.

"he went through a lot too, mom. you have no idea.", she pursed her lips before sitting down on the seat across of me whilst twirling the ladle in the huge pot, taking my plate and pouring some of its content in it.

"fine, we won't keep persuading you with our opinions but i prey for the guy to not do the same mistake and hurt my little princess again.", my dad surrendered, squinting his eyes and menacingly bulging his fits presentable before my eyes, "or i might have to handle him myself, this time.", i couldn't help but to crack a smile at my dad's funny looking fighting stance as i waved him off.