chapter 𝐭𝐰𝐨 : ...
❛ a bad omen ❜

─────────────────────────────

I told you to get the abortion, ❞ tianas happy go lucky voice spoke into the phone; regrettably enjoying her "i told you so" moment.

because in all honesty she did tell her so but looking at her now she felt a bit guilty, maybe she should've been more persistent.

looking in the mirror ivy adjusted her white lab coat, making sure she was presentable a huge sense of pride overwhelming her at the huge dub she'd taken.

she was making sure she looked extra good at work today simply for the fact she had an "I told you so" moment this morning.

not only that but she always wore her best stuff to work you could even say she put that shit on, even though she wouldn't be seen she wanted to look her best as this was her job.

the place she socialized, the place she worked, the place she handled business, and most importantly the place she made her money so she put 110% into everything related to her job.

call it overdoing it but she needed to keep up her image especially after the embarrassment her best friend put her through at her place of work— not once but twice.

her coworkers side eyed and whispered about her for a whole two weeks and she without a doubt was the topic in the lunch room those whole two weeks.

she could snap back and say she made more than them but that information is confidential and would run risk of her losing the job she loved so very much.

plus "i make more than you" isn't that good of a comeback it's kinda kiddy and outplayed.

speaking of ivy the salmon haired girl laid cuddled up in a pile of blankets, her phone propped up against her nightstand giving tiana a view of her in the bed.

she was in a bad mood as life was really against her right now; the wig she'd ordered a few weeks ago finally arrived... and to say it was botched was an understatement.

the wig was a hot mess, tore up from the floor up, if you will.

the length wasn't right, the hair had an unpleasant smell to it, the texture was greasy, and it was a t-part instead of a 13x4.

and to make matters worse the hair vendor had deactivated their page.

her supposed 40 inch jet black bust down turned out to be a bright red asymmetrical bob that was dried, fried, and laid to the side.

the clothes she ordered from SHEIN smelt like straight cat piss resulting in the girl having to run them through the wash at least 3 times.

meaning she'd threw them in the dryer at least 3 times as well, resulting in the clothes shrinking being unwearable for ivy.

especially due to the little bit of weight she was putting on, the clothes we're gonna be a tight fit from the beginning.

call it her karma but nothing she bought that day lasted and the seafood boil she ordered, chile that was a whole mess— literally.

her baby made it very clear that she doesn't like seafood as the girl threw the crab, shrimp, and potatoes up.

the man from the one night stand had completely cut her off after he sent her the money for the "abortion" even going so far as to blocking her on cash app.