Stepping out, Wonho took out his phone to see the message that Jooheon should have sent by now. And there it was. He walked across the hallway to the correct door. He waited a moment, trying to hear any sounds through the door but there was nothing.

Now in hindsight, it shouldn't have been him that came to the apartment, all things considered. He was always the last person Chae wanted to see, not to mention the risk of getting sniped down outside the HQ at any second. But Jooheon needed to keep things aligned back there and sending Minhyuk or Kihyun out on this mission would probably be even worse.

And Wonho was the one most likely to drag Chae's ass back to the headquarters if he was at the apartment. It wasn't safe to stay at the apartment. Not that anywhere was completely safe.

Letting out a low sigh, he pushed in the door code, low beeping echoing in the quiet hallway as he did. The number combination rang no bell in Wonho's mind. It could have been an important date for Chae or complete nonsense. He figured it was the latter one as the younger wasn't the type to keep dates of events in mind. But then again, what did he know?

Once the door unlocked, Wonho pulled the door open slowly before walking in. All of the lights were off and it was completely silent. So silent it felt like the sounds of his breathing were bouncing off of the walls. It was a tad eery, but Wonho took off his shoes before turning on the lights in the entrance hallway to see at least a little better.

His hopes of finding the other leader started running out but he decided to venture further into the darkened apartment nonetheless. It could give him clues as to where he could eventually find Hyungwon. As he walked through the house everything he could see seemed to be untouched and nothing at first stood out to him until he spotted a dim light coming from under a door.

He slowly pulled open the door, revealing the bathroom. he had to squint his eyes due to the sudden brightness but it didn't take too long to get used to it. Nothing seemed to be amiss, other than the lights that had been turned on. Unless there was an intruder, someone other than him, it made no sense for them to be on, wasting electricity. "I will give that idiot a good shake when I see him," Wonho muttered to himself. It was only reasonable considering the younger had dipped out in the middle of everything

Letting out a small sigh, Wonho walked across the dark grey tiled floor toward another door, only stopping when he noticed an empty bottle of pills on the floor, the pills scattered across the floor. His eyebrows furrowed as worry flared up in his stomach uncomfortably. 

Wonho crouched down picked up the medication bottle and read the label. It was nothing more than anxiety medication but even so, it was concerning that it was on the floor, open. Cursing under his breath, the leader placed it back down before standing up straight. This probably should have been the second he called Jooheon about the situation but he wanted to give this a chance still.

Shaking his head a little, he continued on his way, pushing his way through the door he'd planned to previously. Immediately, he was slapped in the face with the stench of alcohol permeating the room but before he had even a chance to look for a light switch, he was suddenly pushed against the wall as a flash of light from the bathroom reflected on a metal surface causing a flash of cold shivers to run through every inch of his muscles.

A million thoughts, his whole life, ran through his mind, rendering him unable to move. He could at first only tightly grip his attacker's shoulder in an attempt to shove them back. He could hear his heartbeat inside his ears, calming down when he realized multiple seconds had passed without any further action from the other person.

No attempt to slice his throat open, no incoming punch or kick. Only deep, shaky breaths from the pair only one was more frantic and it wasn't him.

As they stood there, it became clear that there was no intention of doing anything. There was a tremble in the hold that kept him against the wall, and Wonho knew he could easily change the positions if he wanted to. But as his gaze focused on the man before him, he knew there was no need. "Hyungwon," Wonho called out as he focused on the other man, slowly moving his hand up to move the hand holding the blade away from his throat. He could feel the sharp edge trembling against his skin in the other's hold. Even if it wouldn't completely be intended, one wrong move and Chae would get a faceful of blood from his arteries.