My heart swelled. This boy was mine, just as much as I was his.

"What are you thinking about?"

I blinked, jolted out of my thoughts. I realized that I had been openly staring at Rafal, who was now looking at me.

"Well," I said. "There's this boy."

"Oh?"

"Mhm."

He grinned, amused. "Please tell me about him."

"For one, he's handsome. Blue eyes, white hair, a very nice mouth." I traced his features lightly as I named them.

"He sounds like quite the catch," Rafal said against my fingertips.

"Oh he is, and he knows it too." I let my hand rest on his chest again. "But there's more to him than looks. He's given me everything—a home, a purpose. I can tell he truly loves me."

"Sounds like he's got it bad."

"He does," I said, kissing his cheek. Rafal grinned lazily.

I rested my head on his chest. "I love you."

"I will never get sick of hearing that." He pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "And I love you, too."

The rest of our time there was spent in the same manner. We talked about anything and everything, while stealing kisses from one another in between.

When we got back to the tower, Rafal collapsed onto the bed. "So tired," he mumbled into the sheets.

I laughed and sat down beside him. "You're so dramatic."

"Am not!" He protested like a child, moving to a seated position on the edge of the bed.

"Before our first kiss, you literally decorated the tower with rose petals on the floor."

"I wanted you to feel special. And judging by the fact that you're hopelessly in love with me, I'd say it worked."

I rolled my eyes with a smile before I leaned in, kissing him delicately.

I pulled away, but Rafal chased my lips, pulling me back into another hasty kiss. Our kisses turned desperate, feverish. Somehow I found myself in his lap with no memory of getting there.

Rafal slipped a hand into my hair, cradling my head as he pulled it back, exposing my neck to him. I inhaled when his lips touched the skin there. He began leaving open-mouthed kisses along my neck, pulling down the sleeve of my shirt to have access to my shoulder as well. I gasped when his teeth caught on my collarbone.

He continued his affections. As he did, my mind went into almost a daze. He hit a sensitive spot on my neck, causing me to release another quiet gasp.

"Rafal," I breathed.

He kept kissing.

I rubbed my thighs together. "Rafal, please."

He pulled back, staring at me intently. "You're sure?"

I nodded.

"You're absolutely sure? Because—"

"Rafal," I groaned.

He chuckled. "Okay." He kissed my forehead. "You're so pretty when you want something, love."

Then he flipped me on my back, crawling on top of me, kissing me on and on and on. . .

A scratching sound echoed in the tiny room.

Rafal pulled back immediately, launching off the bed. In two seconds, he was across the room, peering at the Storian, which was writing furiously.