"He got me for an untucked shirt yesterday," Nicholas said. "That kid is Evil."

"And not in a Good way," muttered Vex quietly.

I waited for them to elaborate, but all the boys glanced at each other in tortured brotherhood, before swiveling back to me.

"Everything was fine for the last two hundred years, until you came along and messed up Good and Evil," barked Ravan.

"I hope Agatha and Tedros break in and kill the School Master!" seethed Arachne. "I hope they bring Good back!"

"Bring Good Back!" Beatrix shouted, and all the students stomped their feet in solidarity, cheering along: "Bring Good Back! Bring Good Back!"

I let it go on for a few moments, regarding the chanting animals in front of me.

"Silence," I said, dangerously soft. My eyes flashed.

Forty mouths snapped shut, sealed by my will. The quiet fell over the room like a curtain, with Evers and Nevers alike struggling, trying to pry their lips open.

I stood. "If there is any more disrespect to Evil in my classroom, I will personally recommend punishment ideas to Aric when I send offenders to the Doom Room." My eyes glazed over the room. "Nod if you understand."

Forty pairs of eyes stared back at me, wide-eyed and terrified.

"Nod if you understand," I repeated harshly.

They obeyed, heads shaking up and down rapidly.

"Good," I said, and unsealed their mouths. There was a collective sigh of relief.

"That's your job, you ninny—" a sharp nasty voice echoed outside.

The door flew open and three students pattered in, tittering loudly.

"—to follow me around and do whatever I say," grouched a pasty girl with dirty hair streaked black and red and a fearsome buck-horned demon tattooed around her neck.

"Hope I get tracked as a Leader and you as my Henchman," retorted an albino girl with a throaty rasp and three black rats sticking out of her pockets. "I'll make sure you spend the rest of your life kissing my—"

"Daddy said he'd buy me a new horse if I made Leader," chirped a girl behind them, round as a balloon, snacking on a bundle of chocolate daisies. "Killed my last one by accident."

"Sat on it?" scoffed the albino.

"Fed it too much fudge," said the round girl.

Suddenly all three girls stopped in their tracks and craned their heads to me. They broke into toothy smiles and dropped into their seats in unison, hands folded over their bags.

"Sorry we're late," said tattooed Hester.

"Castor made us clean up after a dragon in Henchmen," said albino Anadil.

"Dragons poo a lot," said paunchy Dot, mouth full.

Hester started opening her book bag—then noticed the furious faces around her.

"Oh here we go," she moaned. "For the last time, you're all in the School for Evil now and that means you're fighting for Evil. You want to stay alive? You want the sun to stop melting? Then do what the teachers say and help Y/n kill Agatha and Tedros."

"I thought Agatha was your friend," Ravan sniped.

"Excuse me? These are my friends," Hester said, pointing to Anadil and Dot with a glowing red fingertip. "The coven everyone fears and yet wants to be in. The clique that doesn't give a damn what you think. The sinful, sinistral, all-around-original Three Witches of Room 66."