15

Rian's pov
*.*.*

"You've gotta be kidding me."Klay exclaims, throwing himself onto my bed and cuddling my pillows.

I roll my eyes at his back and try to pull him up into a sitting position but fail miserably."I'm not. That picture of you and Hans made me realize I have none of Liana."

"Wait, I thought it was one of the things you were planning on leaving at Drew's for now."Klay says, his voice sounding muffled through the pillows.

"Well yeah but now things are different. I wanna have photos of her with me. To show little Brad his sister or something."I say laying beside him.

Klay sits on his elbows looking at me with a frown."little who now?"

"Brad."I say slowly.

"There's no way I'm letting you name him Brad."Klay says, putting emphasis on the name.

"What's wrong with the name Brad?" Klay just continues to stare at me with a blank look on his face.

"What?" He purses his lips before giving me a look..'"Fine. Then what should we call him then?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Something like..like Kol maybe."he says proudly.

"You've watched way too many originals episodes for your own good."I giggled, shaking my head.

"So Kol it is,"he says excitedly ignoring my previous statement causing me to roll my eyes at his antics.

"I can't believe you."I smile pushing myself up and playfully shoving him before getting off the bed.

"I'm gonna go now."

"Then I'm going with you."he says getting up.

"I don't think that's such a good idea."I say walking out the room and heading for the stairs.
Klay stops me standing in front of me with a stern look on his face and his arms folded."The last time you went to Drew's you almost killed yourself and the baby."

I flinch and his tense form relaxes."Sorry...shouldn't have brought that up so casually." He sighs rubbing his temples..."look Ri I'm just tryna look out for you and the baby."he says softly before continuing"I'll wait in the car but let me just come with, please."

His gaze had softened his eyes begging me to accept his offer and I crumbled. I sigh, accepting it causing his eyes to brighten up a bit and soon we find ourselves in front of Drew's apartment after a quiet drive there.

"I'll be back in a minute."I say, rushing out of the car, fast walking to the house I twisted the knob and to my surprise the door was unlocked. I wondered if Drew even bothered to lock the doors now that I was gone. Did he even think of changing the locks? But that wouldn't be good for me then...having to face him felt more tedious than just going in without any warning.

The house is quiet when I walk in. No one was lingering around the foyer so that was a good sign. Letting out a relieved breath I make my way upstairs with hasty steps.... I found the picture right where I left it. I pick it up and other photos I can find and rush back downstairs. I guess I was right Klay had nothing to worry about me coming here by myself.

This was easier than I thought it would be. I was happy that I was gonna be able to avoid another confrontation with Drew but My hopes of avoiding Drew are dashed to bits when I come face to face with him and a strange woman.

He looks surprised to see me while the woman looks at me with a confused expression on her face. Her lipstick looked smudged. A matching stain of the same lipstick lingered on Drew's lips as well..They looked disheveled with his dress shirt wrinkled and her high waist skirt that clung to her body looking a few inches higher than it should. Anyone could guess what had happened between them. It was pretty obvious what they had been up to but why didn't I hear anything?

"Wait for me upstairs Juli."Drew says to the brunette and she brushes past me giving me one more confused look before disappearing from my view.

Drew turns his attention back to me, narrowing his gaze onto the pictures I held in my hands. "I'm here for some of my things." I say not breaking eye contact

"You're really just gonna keep coming back here with those lame excuses Rian. Why not just admit that you missed me and you want to come back home to me?"

I furrowed my brows at him. He spoke so confidently and a big part of me wanted to Burst his bubble and turn his ego down a notch but confrontation was not a wise choice so I ignored him and walked towards the door. Once I'm on the driveway I hear Drew calling out to me but I don't look back speeding up my walk to Klay's car.... "Rian we need to talk."he calls out again in a warning tone.

"I don't wanna talk to you Drew."I say, fastening my pace."My arm is grabbed as he pulls me towards him roughly. The photos fall out of my grasp and onto the ground.sending shards of glass skittering across the ground

"Drew let go of me."I say, trying to pry my arm out of his grip. His eyes looked over my head to something behind me. I saw nothing but disdain in his gaze and his grip on me tightened causing me to screech.

I was so focused on trying to pry my arm out of his grip that I didn't notice that Klay had gotten out of his car and was heading towards us..Klay's presence was overwhelming. I could feel the heat of his gaze on my back. Drew glared at him before releasing me. I stumble back into Klay letting out shaky breaths as he protectively wraps his arms around me.

The two of them have a stare Down. Before Drew snarls as he turns on his heels heading back into the building without another word.

"I swear to God one of these days imma break that dick's jaw or something." Klay speaks up angrily once the door shuts behind Drew before he turns to me with concern written all over his face ."You okay Ri?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Let's just go."I say rubbing where Drew had grabbed me. I was sure it would bruise.. Klay guides me to the car before going back to collect the pictures from the mess of broken glass and stones. He places the pictures onto the back seats before rushing to take his place in the driver's seat and driving off.

The car comes to a stop at a red light .Klay looks at me with worried eyes."You don't look so good Ri."

My lips part but nothing comes out. My eyebrows pinch together as a sharp pain goes through me before my ears start to ring and his words drown out...I hadn't realized Klay was screaming now. He was screaming my name but it felt so distant like he was so far away and just like that everything faded into darkness.

*.*.*