044 | you're the prettiest

Start from the beginning

"It might take a bit for your body to go back to 'normal' or somewhere that you're confident and happy with but regardless you're beautiful and I don't ever expect you to look a certain way or be a certain weight or whatever," he continued. "I just want you to be yourself."

"So you do think I'm fat? And you've been lying to me this whole time," she slightly raised her tone, pulling away from him.

"No, I didn't say that," he shook his head once again, using a soft tone while following her back into the bedroom. "I don't understand why you're trying to put words into my mouth and make it seem like I hate you when I don't."

"Let's just go so I can get this fucking day over with!" Adalyn stopped as she turned around to face.

"Gorgeous, I never said you were fat," he grabbed ahold of her hand, not wanting them to be on bad terms ahead of their evening. "Your body's incredible."

"whatever," she mutter, pulling her hand away from his and sat down on the edge of her bed to put her shoes on.

The couple had agreed earlier in the day to attending a dinner at Adalyn's parent's house.  And since the Barlow family didn't know about the past week her and Jack had and Adalyn still didn't want them to know, she was strongly regretting it as the time got closer to leaving.

A small smile appeared on his face as she looked back up at him after doing up the straps of her heels. Soon standing up and accepting the hug from her boyfriend — the extra height making her lay her head on his shoulder instead of his chest.

"they already don't like me so I'm not scared to speak up if they say shit to you," he placed a kiss on her cheek. "It'll be okay."

"And you'll let me know if you get over it and want to leave?" she lifted her head up and made eye contact with him, receiving a nod.

"I love you."

"I love you," she kissed his lips.

After about three quarters of an hour had passed, Adalyn and Jack were finally arriving at her parent's place. Sharing a couple kisses outside by his car before heading up the few stairs and ringing the doorbell while opening the door and letting themselves inside. Saying a small greeting to her family at sat the dinner table talking while the room as the food was still being prepared.

"Addie!" Eliana's attention was quickly turned to couple, getting up from the living room and running over to her.

"Hi princess," Adalyn crouch down and wrapped her arms around the girl, forcing a smile. "How are you?"

"I'm gooddd," she dragged her words out, slightly swaying with a smile on her face. "I like your hair, it's pretty."

"Thank you."

"You look like Ariel!" she replied as her eyes trailed down her aunt's body, furrowing slightly at the marks on her thighs and pointing at them. "What happened?"

"Nothing, nothing," she quickly stood up, pulling the hem of her dress down to cover her scars once again.

"What have you been up to, Ellie?" Jack playfully messed up the little one's hair while changing the subject. "It's been a while since I've seen you."