Little Sparkle

Elsa's POV

"Why the startled look Sparkle?" Luna asked, twirling her hair again.  "Only person a star like Jack would ever date is another star."  Jack rolled his eyes.

"Luna, I can date-" Jack started to protest, but Luna cut him off.

"Yes yes, we know you can date, Jack. Anyway, who are the munchkins?" she asked. Jack sighed.

"Luna, this is Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel. Girls, this is Luna, lead singer for Glittering Black," Jack introduced.

"A pleasure," Luna said. But I could tell she didn't mean it.

"Same to you," I said, not meaning it either.

"So, Jack, did you hear about the School Rock program?" Luna asked Jack.

"You mean the thing that our managers are doing?" he said.

"Yeah, that. Isn't it supposed to start next month?"

"Yep. Two years at a randomly selected school. I can't wait," Jack said sarcastically.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"This is famous person stuff, sparkle. Don't hurt yourself trying to understand it," Luna said with a death glare in my direction. I clenched my fists. This girl was everything I figured a rich popular girl to be like.

"Our band managers made this program to try to help raise musical awareness," Jack explained.  "The idea is that different schools can input their names into a raffle. Next month, a school name will be drawn. Our bands will go to that school and act like normal students for two years, as well as help their musical programs. After two years, we'll go back to our normal band lives." Was my school in the raffle? I hoped it was! If my school won and Jack came to school with me for two years . . .

"Of course, I doubt any ordinary school would get to be in the raffle," Luna said. I didn't care. Even Luna couldn't put me out of my good mood. If my school won the raffle . . . well, there was no end to the possibilities. It would give me two years to show Jack that I was better than Luna.

-----

I knocked on the door and waited. I was back at school, standing outside of Principal Rose's door.

"Come in!" a voice called. I opened the door and stepped inside.

Principal Rose was sitting at her desk working on some paperwork. She glanced up when I walked in, then went back to her paperwork. She had cinnamon colored curly hair and green eyes.

"Principal Rose?" I asked.

"What is it, Ms.Snow?" she sighed, not even glancing up from her paperwork.

"I heard that there was a raffle schools could sign up for. The winner gets the band members of Elementals and Glittering Black to come to their school for two years. Are we in that?"

"No," she said. My heart sank.

"How can we get in it?" I asked.

"We will not be entering that raffle, Ms.Snow," Principal Rose said. My gut said that it was a bad idea to argue with the principal, but my heart said that this was the only way to get her to listen to me.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because our school has no musical talent to speak of. What use would those bands be other than to give out autographs?" she asked.

"How can I prove that our school has musical talent?" She sighed.

"I suppose if one of our students signed up for the NTS and scored at least eight points then I would enroll in the raffle," Principal Rose told me. I thought for a moment. The Next Teen Singer competition was in a week. The judges were harsh, and the competition was cut-throat. I didn't know a single person who would be willing to sing in it.

My friends and family had always told me that I was a wonderful singer, I just didn't see it yet. And it didn't help that I have terrible stage fright.

But if it meant I'd have a chance to see Jack again . . .

"I'll do it," I said. Principal Rose finally looked up from her paperwork.

"I wasn't aware you could sing," she said carefully.

"If I score at least eight points, will you enroll our school in the raffle like you promised?" I asked. Principal Rose thought for a moment.

"I would," she said. I thanked her and left her office. As soon as the door closed, I leaned against the wall.

What had I just gotten myself into?