043 | time for a change

Start from the beginning

"I don't care, just don't make the wrong decision," she muttered while grabbing her phone off the dining table.

"okay.."

Jack closely watched the girl as she walked down the hallway towards her bedroom, and as much as he wanted to follow her and comfort her, he left to be alone as she wished. Letting out a small sigh as he sat back down to eat the remainder of his dinner.

With the silence of just him in the room and everything that had just took place, it put him off of finishing the meal, so instead he got up, grabbing both his and Adalyn's plates then walking over to the kitchen island while not knowing what he wanted to do about the situation but also not wanting to leave her completely alone.

Putting the left over food into a container and into the fridge before washing up all the dishes. Soon glancing up and connecting his eyes with his girlfriend's, looking at her with a slightly confused expression mixed with a frown.

"where are your keys?" Adalyn asked.

"Over there," he pointed over to where he alway leaves his keys, right next to hers. "Why?"

"I'm taking your car.."

"Where are you going?" he furrowed, placing the last plate in the dishwasher and then drying off his hands while not receiving a response from her. "Adalyn?"

"what?" she pulled one of her headphones out, slightly turning down her music once again.

"Where are you going?" he repeated

"I'm going out."

"Do you want me to come?"

"whatever."

"Okay lets go," he sent her a small smile.

Shoving his phone in his pocket and slipping on his slides by the front door over his socks before locking the door behind him and following after Adalyn down the hall — still unknowing of where she wanted to go but just going along with things.

"Gorgeous, do you want to drive or would you like me to?" he intertwined his hand with hers as they entered the elevator.

"I want to.."

"Okay."

The two fell into silence as they entered the apartment complex's parking lot and walked over to the boy's car. Adalyn instantly turning down the speaker system after turning the car on which made Jack feel slightly awkward but he didn't want to say anything.

Glancing between his girlfriend and the road basically the whole fifteen minute drive, a little more confusion washing over him as they pulled up at the CVS. Soon getting out and heading inside as Jack's hand finding it's way back to her's.

"what did you need from here?" he questioned, keeping his voice in a somewhat low tone as the store was quite quiet.

"did you say something?" she pulled her headphone out.

"yeah, why are we here?"

"I'm gonna dye my hair," she mumbled while trying to find the section for said product.