Chapter 25: Awkward

Start from the beginning

The bottle of Jack sat between us. I poured us both a cranberry juice with ice to chase with our shots of liquor. A new song by Sza played and I hummed softly as I waited for Jax to get off the phone that he answered a couple minutes ago.

"Shit. Thanks, Juice. No I'm good."

He came back over and sat down on the sofa while I took a pillow and sat cross legged on the floor. I pulled my hair up into a bun and gestured to the bottle in front of me.

"You first."

"Have you ever been in a fight?"

I laughed.

"Not counting that little spat between me and the blonde cumrag. Yes, yes I have."

I didn't take a shot because I told the truth but for every lie or every time I wanted to evade the truth, I would have to take a shot.

"Have you ever had a threesome?"

Jax laughed. I didn't come to play. This game could give me a lot of answers I knew wouldn't come honestly in any other setting. He didn't take a shot but he grasped the bottle.

"The blonde cumrag and her friend decided they both wanted me at the same time. Who turns down porn stars?"

"Mmmm..."

I rolled my eyes but nodded in understanding. I had a woman crush and if she ever told me yes, I'd fold in a hot second.

"Okay. Are you really a virgin?"

Jax couldn't have known that on his own. I was going to kill Paula for telling my secret.

I can not love everybody
But you isn't anybody
You look at me different
So I let you see my body
Body, body, body
And now we don't speak it all
Now I regret it all
Still, it was worth it
I would do it again

"And if I am?", my tone changed from the sweet voice to a dull, nonchalant tone.

I gave him a look that could have been my answer but I didn't care to really answer so I snatched the bottle from him and took a shot.

"It's not a bad thing, Martie. I just never met a girl like you before."

"That line work for you a lot cause that's seems to be the universal line for boys to get girls they know are hard to get."

Jax laughed at the assumption.

All his life he had been handsome and girls and women alike threw themselves at him without fail. He never really had to try with any of them. They just wanted to fuck and he obliged them.

"I'm not waiting for Prince Charming. I'm not waiting for marriage. I'm waiting for someone who treats me with the utmost respect and doesn't revel in taking my 'virtue' but understands that me giving them my body is like a secret passed from one person to the next. It's sacred," I looked away as the intensity of Jax's gaze grew.

I didn't want to stick on this subject, so I started another round of questions.

Just a few moments before 2AM, I heard a knock at the door but then it seemed as whoever was on the other side became impatient. The door opened to reveal a very drunk Paula with her hand down Chibs' pants. I clapped a hand over my mouth in shock while Jax looked on in amusement.

"Should we?"

"I want to see how long before they notice us."

I had sat on Jax's lap ten shots in and my hand was weaving through his hair. Drinking made me giggly and right now I felt so light.

"Paula!", I shouted once she started taking her clothes off.

They both jumped in shock but her squeal was the funniest. I covered Jax's eyes to keep him from seeing Paula as she tried to cover up as quickly as she could.

"What are you doing sitting in the dark?"

"Playing a game with Jackson."

"Oh well, me and Chibs have a little game of ours to play upstairs. Good night!"

She grabbed his hand and pushed him behind her to get started to her room. He followed with a big grin on his face.

I could only imagine what they were about to get up to.

"I'm sorry. If you're uncomfortable, we can call it a night."

Jax didn't look the least bit sleepy but I felt like I was keeping him from having a good time. He had a lieu of porn stars to sleep with and I was just getting in the way.

"I like this. It's better than fucking everything that moves. I really don't remember the last time I just sat and talked with anyone."

"Who was she? Was it your first love?", my curiosity got the best of me.

"It was 6 years ago. I was 18 and the girl of my dreams decided to split town to go to school and start a career. I haven't had a steady girl since."

"True love?"

Jax shrugged.

I had seen a sweet side of him but it really started shining through. The way he talked about this girl just led me to believe she broke his heart.

"Let's get takeout and watch a movie. The night's not over yet."