In His Eyes

We ran and ran and ran.

Please don't take me to a hotel.

I chanted to myself.

We reached the school's parking lot and he opened the car door for me.

Oh my god, I can't be doing "it" in this cramped up car. No, hell no, my first time should be on a bed.

I hesitated to go in when he opened the car door for me, gesturing me to the passenger's seat.

"After you." He smiled.

I gazed at him at first, hoping to seek answers to whereever on Earth he's taking me. But I got nothing.

I helplessly sat on the passenger's seat and watched him make his way to the driver's seat.

I smell leather and cherry car freshener. His car is so clean, not so typical of a guy's car.

Maybe he is really gay?

Such a poor thing... He's so perf, he can't be gay!

He's wasting all the looks, the abs, the talents and the brain if you tell me he's gay! (No offense)

He drove off and I watched as the school building became smaller and smaller as we distanced.

"W-Where are we going?" I asked nervously.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asked back.

"I was the one asking you something!" I answered impatiently.

"Just answer me."

"Um, it's fine but what about homecoming?" I asked, baffled about him asking me if I would like to watch a movie.

"Good."

Well, he's technically not answering my question.

"What the hell?! You're not even answering my questions." I said, angry.

"I'm sorry..." He apologized, not even looking at me in the eye. His eyes were focused on the road.

The trip was silent, god, why does he have this effect on me?! My heart won't stop racing and my stomach won't stop flopping. I think I'm going to barf....

Is this the feeling all those girls talk about? Falling in love?

Wow, I never knew it would hurt so much that it would make you want to barf.

"Just wait. I'll find a good space." He says.

I observed my surroundings and saw a big, large screen infront of us.

"Is this...."

"A drive-in theater? Yes. Pretty cool, huh?" He says.

"Oh my gosh, I thought this oy exists in movies, I mean... I've never been to one before." I gushed. This is so romantic-- then my face fell knowing we're not even together so why is he taking me here?

"Me too. Never been here before." He smiles.

Then it was awkward silence again.

I felt excited though.

There's this strange belly flop again and I ignored it.

He takes something from the back of his car and gives a tub to me.

"Chef Tony's popcorn?" I laughed as I took the tub from him.

"What? There's no concession stores here to buy popcorn." He frowned.