Chapter 2 - The Beyond

Start from the beginning

''Shut the fuck up bruv...It's not funny at all! Ahh... Since Raiha-chan is the only girl in your life who shows interest in you, you'll never understand how I feel.'' Asuka said while his head was slammed against the desk.

Ouch. The audacity.

"What was this one's reaction?"

''...She ran away crying.'' Asuka answered.

''Like I've always said, you should focus on your classes. Love is a complete waste of time for high school times—''

Our teacher entered the classroom. He entered the phase of making an announcement directly since the lessons on the first day were light.

''Okay class, I have an announcement to make.'' All of us turned to our teacher.

''You may have noticed the crowd at the entrance of the school, a new transfer student joined us today. Please give her a warm welcome.''

Following those words, the classroom door swung open once again and a stunning girl walked in.

With her short orange hair, she greeted the class by bowing respectfully and flashing a warm smile. The green ribbon adorning her hair added a touch of sweetness to her appearance, resembling bunny ears. Even I couldn't help but feel my heart skip a beat when I laid eyes on her for the first time.

''I'm Yotsuba Nakano! It's a pleasure to meet you all! We transferred from St. Cruz Girls' High School.''

I'm not going to lie about the fact that she's a sweet girl, and probably all the boys in our class think the same

St. Cruz is a prestigious private school for girls; I'm wonder what happened that she transferred here? Wait...Did she say -we-?

Fortunately, another girl from our class will have thought the same thing as me, so she asked the question...

''That's what I was hoping to say! My sisters also transferred to this school with me. We are quintuplets.''

Quintuplets? Wait a minute... What is the percentage of this happening naturally? I quickly opened my notebook for calculations. If we divide this by five and take the percentage of that—

''Holy crap, 1 in a 60 million?'' I mumbled to myself, that is 1/133 of the world population!

''Nakano-san, you may sit now, there is an empty seat behind Fuutarou-kun.''

Meanwhile, wondering, I turned my eyes to Asuka to see what he was doing. He was still just standing there with his face glued to the table.

Probably having existential crisis.

...

Yotsuba greeted her teacher with a cheerful energy and took her seat. As the greetings came to a close, we returned our usual lesson schedule. However, the newly arrived girl seemed disinterested and wasn't paying any attention to the lesson. Instead, she was using that old tactic, hide-your-phone-between-your-notebook-and-pretend-to-be-focused.