Chapter 6: Team Natsu's Plan of Destiny!

Começar do início

"You should be sleeping, we have alot of reading to do tomorrow." I said.

Lucy sighed and said, "Well I can't sleep, so I thought I would sit out here and get so tired I pass out."

I laughed. Then I frowned. "You aren't going to give yourself up to them are you?"

Lucy blinked at me. "Nani? No, of course not. I'm just worried about the well-being of the guild. I don't want you or anyone else to get hurt over something like this."

"Okay then." I said, leaning my head on the wall.

For about five minutes, it was silent, and Lucy looked conflicted.

She broke the silence. "What were you going to say earlier? Before Erza came in."

I shifted. "I...wanted to know how you felt about our kiss."

She paused. "It was nice."

WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN! I shouted in my head. "Yeah." I couldn't think of anything else to say that wouldn't be completely awkward.

She nodded. Even though the snow was light, it was still freezing and covered the ground. I noticed she was only in her regular clothing.

Happy had fallen asleep next to me so left him there and scooted closer to Lucy to where our shoulders touched. I lit a small fire in my hand and held it between us, and put my arm around her shoulder.

"Why don't you get a coat?" I asked.

"Everyone is sleeping now. No need to disturb their peace." She replied, resting her head on my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, but was glad that she was here with me. I almost dozed off myself a few times through the hours. Not long before Erza's shift, I felt the temperature drop considerably. It began to snow heavily.

Lucy had been asleep but, noticing the sharp difference in weather, awoke slowly. "W-why is it so cold?" she asked. We both stood up, and I sniffed the air. It was the same scent as last night. "It's Rin. Go inside and get Gray and Erza." I said, patting Happy.

Lucy ran inside and lights turned on above me. "Happy, wake up. You gotta fly me around."

The cat stirred and yawned. "Wow it sure got colder, Natzu. Where are we going?"

Erza and Gray came out the door and looked around. Lucy followed suit.

A figure appeared on the road. We looked closer and saw a woman with long white hair and a silver cloak. Her skin was pale and her eyes were blue as ice. They sent a chill straight through my spine. This was Rin.

-------------

Lucy

I shivered, only partly from the cold. This must be Rin. I looked at Natsu and his eyes were hard on the Demon.

"Are you mages going to give your friend to the Council?" The voice came from the demon, but swirled around us like the snow was talking.

"No, and we sure as hell aren't giving Lucy to you!" Natsu yelled.

The Demon chuckled.

"What are you doing here Rin?" Erza asked.

"As long as she is not in danger of being captured, it seems I need not be here. But eventually she will be in danger, and I will come and release her of it. My snow gets colder for each soul it eats, I'm sure they would love for this Lucy to be added." Rin said.

Added? Does she mean killed? Or worse?

Before I could ask, she disappeared into the wind and the snow died down.

We were silent until Erza spoke up. "I'll take the next three or so hours until the library opens. Go inside and sleep. I doubt she will be back tonight."

Gray and Happy went inside, and I saw Natsu had not moved. I walked over and put a hand on his shoulder. "Natsu, you okay?" I asked.

He turned around with a tired look. "I guess so. When she teleported away I felt like half my magic energy dissipate. Does she take power from whoever she is closest to when she does that? If she does, why?"

I rubbed my chin. "I guess we can research that tomorrow." I said.

"Yeah." He had a worried look on his face.

------------

Natsu and Lucy

Be safe. I can't stand watching you get hurt.

-------------

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! My writing isn't quite up to snuff yet, so tomorrow I will try to write a little better. Find out more about Rin in the next chapter, "To the Library!"