Chapter 16

Ava was in her office when Antonio came in. She looked at him and then looked back down and continued her work.

    He took a seat in front of her and crossed his legs. "How was it?"

    "I shot her but she got away and Alessio wasn't there".

   " Yes and I just found out why. The both of them had a fight that night and Olivia shot him on his thigh".

   "I'm moving my goods to another location. I can't risk them coming back".

  " That's a good idea . Well I'll leave you". Ava called him back before he could leave.

"Olivia said her father was coming for something bigger. What does she mean?"

   Antonio thought for a while and shook his head. "I don't know but I'll find out".

   Ava got up and they both left the office. "Wanna come with?"

"Where?"

"Diana got hurt yesterday. I'm going to visit her and I'm sure you'll want to". Antonio smiled and followed her.

    When they got to her old house, they met Diana on the couch. " You should be resting"

   Diana turned to see her and smiled. "No I should be dead. She almost got me". Ava sat down beside her while Antonio  sat down on the opposite couch.

  "I got there before she could"

"Yah just in time". Ava could sense Diana was angry and wrapped her arms around her. " I'm sorry I was late"

  "Let go it's fine you were obviously with your girlfriend". Ava pinched her forehead and sighed.

  "I'm sorry..."

"What's he doing here?" She asked pointing at Antonio.

"He came to see you". Diana gave her a what for look but then turned to Antonio and smiled. "Thanks for visiting". Ava decided to leave them alone to talk so she stood up and walked to the kitchen.

"You know she has a crush on him right?" She heard Raven's voice behind her and she nodded. "And he does  but I'm sure she'll try to playgirl her way out of this" Ava said pouring a drink in her cup.

  "Well she's getting old. She needs to find love soon". Ava laughed and sat on the kitchen counter.

  " You're right though ". Just then Cassandra walked into the kitchen. "Who's that hottie in the living room?" She asked but wasn't given a reply instead Raven shook his head and left.

   "You have a boyfriend remember? Ohh sorry I forgot it's a one time thing". Cassandra rolled her eyes. "I heard Diana almost died because of you?".

   "Ohh really? I didn't know" Ava said sarcastically. She knew Cassandra was trying to mock her so she stood up and left to avoid losing her cool.

  "I have to leave now. See you later" Antonio said and left.

  "So how was he? Did you get his number?"" Ava asked taking a seat beside her. She sighed and looked at her. "You know me well Ava. It won't last".

  "Cause you don't want it to. I know you like him just tell him". Diana groaned  and beat herself with the couch pillow.

  "If you don't want the hottie I can have him for the night". The two looked at Cassandra  and frowned. "You're a slut" Ava said but got a smile from Cassandra.

  "You say it like it's a bad thing" Cassandra made the peace sign with her fingers and left the living room.

  "How do we know her?" Diana asked and they both laughed.

   Ava left the house later in the evening and when she got home she met Adrianna on the couch. "Hey"she kissed her forehead,"you look down, what happened?"

   "My boss was shot". Ava rolled her eyes but faked a gasp. " Oh my word!! Is she OK?"

  "Yes she is but who could have done that to her?"

"You know, mafia work can be dangerous". Adrianna sighed and got up from the couch. "Olivia doesn't deserve that. She's a good person". Again Ava rolled her eyes.

     Deep down it pissed her when Adrianna talk about Olivia In a good way. She also regretted not killing her. "You're stressing yourself".

  "I'm going for a walk" Adrianna grabbed her hoodie and left.

"Good person my ass". Ava stood up to go to her room but accidentally hit the side stool causing Adrianna's diary to fall. She picked it up and opened it.

     She read the first line and her eyes widened. Adrianna expressed her feelings of suspicion. She knew Ava sneaked out that  night and she also heard her come after midnight.

     Everything she wrote only made the guilt Ava felt increase. She continued flipping but wasn't interested in any of them until she flipped the back page. She found important dates and also found Adrianna's birthday and surprisingly it was a month away.

     She felt bad cause her birthday was also there but she didn't know Adrianna's until she read her diary.  She heard the doorknob and quickly dropped the diary on the stool.

     "What do you want for dinner?"Adrianna asked washing her hands in the kitchen sink. " Anything".

    ---------------------------

    "Her birthday is next month and I have no idea what to do for her" Ava complained to Diana. "How about you surprise her.  She enjoys having friends around so we can all have dinner together". Ava thought about it and agreed. She was going to make Adrianna's birthday special.

    "Anyway, what's with your outfit?" Ava asked noticing Diana dressed in cloths she hardly wears.  "I'm going out".

  Ava smiled while wiggled her brows. "Where?".

"The market". Ava's face dropped. How could someone dress so beautifully just to go to the market?. She knew she was lying she kept bugging her with questions until Diana's phone rang.  "I'm on my way".

   With the way Diana was smiling, Ava knew she was going out with someone special. " Enjoy yourself but remember use protection " Ava joked and earned a fuck you finger from Diana.

  "Now I'm all alone" she sighed turning on the television. She watched half way then fell asleep.

  Chapter 16 done.

Thanks for the 1k+ reads and votes guys. 😁😁😁😘😘I really appreciate it.
Pls remember to comment on your favourite scene and character. I really appreciate feedbacks.