RULES AND FAQ

The only rules here are as follows:

1.) Credit me somewhere (description, author's notes, tags, etc.) as the originator of the idea,

2.) If you use any of the writing snippets that I might post with my fic ideas, mark in some way that it is from me, whether that be in the author's notes or by using italics / bolding / underlining / endnotes / some other way of marking that it did not originate from you, and

3.) Tag me so that I can read your creations!

That's it.

Wait, Cora, it's that simple?!

Yup, it is. Beyond crediting me and letting me know that you posted something based off of my ideas, I don't really care what you do with it. If I'm going to put my ideas out there to be used by other people, I can't stop people from using them however they like, really. All I can ask is that I'm credited as originator of the idea and for any intellectual labor that I may have already put into it, and of course I also want to see what people create from it!

I want to write/use one of your ideas. What should I do?

Simply credit me for the idea somewhere in your description, author's notes, tags, etc.; credit me for anything I've already written for the idea, if you use it; and tag me in your creation when you post it. That's it! Everything else is up to you.

I want to write/use one of these ideas, but someone else has already said that they want to write/use it. Does that mean that I can't use it anymore?

No. These ideas are open to everyone, so if multiple people want to work on an idea, then so be it! The more the merrier! I don't require people to "claim" an idea before everyone else or for only one person to use an idea at a time. As long as I am credited and tagged, I don't care if an idea is written by only one person or by fifteen people all sharing their own take on the idea. Just don't straight-up copy each other. Plagiarism isn't cool.

Where am I allowed to post my creations?

Again, as long as I'm credited, I don't really care where it's posted. However, I am on Wattpad, Archive Of Our Own (AO3), and FanFiction.net as @CoraWritesThings and Tumblr as @cora-writes-things, so if you post on any of these sites, please tag me! I don't have a writing/fandom Twitter, TikTok, or other social media, though, so if you post your creation anywhere other than WP, AO3, FFN, or Tumblr, I am much less likely to see it.

Can I write in a language other than English?

Sure, why not! I won't be able to read a single word without putting it through Google Translate unless it's in English, French, or Korean (I'm learning the latter two languages right now), but I still appreciate the sentiment and still want to be tagged so I can see it! :)

What if I want to draw/make edits/do something else besides writing? Can I do that?

If the idea inspires you, then I don't really care if you end up doing something other than writing a fic. However, these ideas are meant to be fics, so I expect that most people's contributions will be fics.

How should I tag you? Where do you post/have accounts? What are your usernames?

Again, as I mentioned before, I cross-post my works on Wattpad, Archive Of Our Own, and FanFiction.net as @CoraWritesThings. I also post and reblog stuff occasionally on Tumblr as @cora-writes-things. I don't have any other social media accounts, so if you try to tag me elsewhere, I won't see it.

What if I have more questions that aren't answered here?

If you have other questions, please let me know, so that I can answer them and add them to this FAQ. Otherwise, if all of your questions have been answered, then happy fic idea hunting!