chapter one : pilot
❛ a...baby? ❜

─────────────────────────────

  𝐀𝐍𝐃 how are you sure that the baby's mine? ❞ dabi's, low gruff voice resonating from the other side of the phone, sending a tingling sensation ghosting over the woman's spine; as she remembered why she had a one night stand with him in the first place.

the black haired man on the other side of the line running his tongue over his bottom lip, the silver jewelry that adorned his nose glinting as the dim break room light hit it.

"smh," the salmon haired woman smacking her lips in annoyance at how difficult the man was being.

he knew it was his baby. he was the only one she'd been messing around with like that.

"don't play you know it's your baby," her loud, shrill voice resonating from the phone; popping her gum once more as she eyed her best friend who sat across the table from her, bottom lip nervously tucked between her teeth.

it was all her idea to even call the boy up and tell him she was pregnant.

truth be told he was the last person that came to mind when she found out she was pregnant but he was the only one she had unprotected sex with so it was him—it had to be.

the girl seated across the table flashing her best friend a smile of encouragement telling her to continue the conversation with the boy.

the tips of her ears tingling as she paid close attention to the conversation, also keeping an ear out listening in on everybody else's conversation.

face turning, and scrunching up as she heard very intriguing pieces of information from the multiple conversations she was listening in on.

the honey blonde girl clearly having a hard time when it came to minding her own business.

the line remaining silent as she waited for a response, pulling the phone away from her face she looked at the, nails clicking as she double tapped it making sure that the man was in-fact still on the phone.

though she was seeking an answer when it did come it's not quite what she wanted.

"i don't know that," the man shifting sitting up from the couch he'd previously been laid out on.

his heavy work boots connecting with the break room floor

slowly twisting and tucking the weed into the backwood that his coworker had blessed him with, their deal being he provided the weed and woods and dabi rolled it up for the both of them.

though this exchange taking place in their workplaces break room wasn't very mind easing.

using his shoulder to hold the phone to his ear not really paying the girl any attention as the weed and game in front of him was much more intriguing than another girl calling telling him they'd gotten knocked up and didn't know who the father was.

though he wasn't just making blank assumptions, despite having no kids he was quite skilled in the baby daddy department.

seeing as he sat through calls identical to this very one a couple times a month this call didn't faze him much.

it was nothing special.

though he'd never taken dna tests for obvious reasons; he knew none of the baby's came back as his since none of the girls called him back saying he was the father.