Chapter 14

Peter could hear his heart pumping out of his chest. Right in front of him his best friend Harry was standing before his father, staring the devil in his eye. The rain seemed to evaporate instantly when it fell of his skin, the heat of his body overwhelming him as his spider sense went haywire.

"And this is what the great NIck Fury has sunk to," The Goblin mocked, snickering at his frightened son, "shoving my own child in front of me."

Harry shakily stood and looked up to his father, "I came on my own." He stepped back when his father grunted in confusion. "He told me what you were doing," Harry continued, "I-I told him to bring me here so I can tell you… Please, please stop this Dad. Please stop this."

"Carrier, this is Stark. Load me Osborn's genetic sequence," said Iron Man, looking on as Harry kept his father at bay,

"You need to stop. You have to stop," pleaded Harry through his choking tears.

Norman's gruff expression softened and the flames from his body died down. "File loaded Mr. Stark," said the agent on the coms.

Iron Man crept towards The Goblin, making sure not to alert the other villains. "Nick can you hear me," Iron Man called in the coms, "I have a lock on Osborn."

Iron Man's suit filled with static, he could hardly make out what Fury was saying, "Ton…..do...it..zzzkkkkssttt"

The Goblin groaned as his body transformed back into his normal state. He looked back at his son, "Harry…." Harry's face lit up as his father slowly regained his humanity.

Iron Man aimed at The Goblin, "I have a lock. l'm taking the shot."

Just as Iron Man fired the blast and The Goblin, Fury's voice finally got through, "TONY DON'T DO IT! DON'T SHOOT!"

The blast hit The Goblin in his back, immediately changing his body. His body went back to his Goblin form, but it started to mutate further. Harry watched in horror was his father's body warped into a lumpy, grotesque heap of flesh and bones, "AAAAAAAHHHHHH KKKIIIIILLLLL YYYOOOOOOUUU!" The Goblin collapsed, struggling to breathe as everyone quickly gathered around him.

Fury rushed over to Harry and pulled him away from the suffocating Goblin. Nick struggled to hold back the hysterical Harry trying to fight out of his grip, "Sorry kid. It wasn't the plan."

A large electrical explosion flashed in the sky. Captain America walked up to Iron Man, "Who is it? Thor or Electro?"

"Friday," asked Iron Man, hoping that Friday was still operable. Just then, a sparking figure floated down from the sky towards the group. Both heroes stood their ground. ¨Get ready," instructed Tony. The figure softly landed in front of them.

Thor looked at the two with a raised eyebrow, "Are we done here?"

"We are," answered Captain America, "Alpha Team head out! Beta and Clean-up Teams! Letś put a lid on this! ASAP!"

Peter got down from the balcony and slowly made his way towards Harry. Harry stood motionless as the tears blinded his vision so he couldn't see the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents took his father away. He turned to face Peter who was in tears too. "Oh Harry…" Peter started, hugging his best friend, "You didn't deserve any of-"

"All of you," Harry spoke in a choked, threatening voice, "I will kill all of you for this." With that, he pushed Peter off of him and stormed away from the White House. Peter felt his heart stop for a second, his knees weak and his arms heavy.