chapter twenty-nine

Comenzar desde el principio

"I wanted something different," She said shaking her head. "I didn't want to have to take care of my grandma or MJ anymore. I just wanted to be young and dumb, make mistakes." She conveyed honestly.

"And did you get to do that?" I asked curiously.

Stacy shook her head. "I got into a relationship the first semester I got to LSU." She told me. "And I really liked her, so I stayed even though deep down inside...."

"You wanted to come back home..." I finish her answer.

She nodded slowly. "Yes I did." She said. "I missed you." She admitted.

"I missed you too." I say turning my head. "And I'm sorry that I said all those terrible things about you-"

"Crystal that was so long ago." She said cutting me off.

"Yeah but I didn't need to do that to you, we were friends before anything." Stacy reminds me.

"I still love you." I quietly disclose.

"I love you too Renee..." Stacy said rubbing my shoulder softly. "Do you want to talk about this and how it happened?" She asked tapping the fetus on the printed pictures.

I chuckle and looked at her gleaming eyes.

"It doesn't really matter." I tell her.

"The co-star of your's?" She asked me.

I nod slowly. "Yeah it's his." I tell her.

"I'm not surprised." She said catching me off guard.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask getting slightly offended.

"You'e always been a little quick to fall in love." Stacy tells me.

I shake my head. "I'm not in love with Devale.. I thought I was, but I'm not." I say smiling proudly.

"That's a cop out statement and I won't accept that-"

"You come back into my life after 24 years and you think you know everything about me?" I ask her.

Stacy nods his head. "I do know you." She said grabbing my hand.

"You know that teenage me." I tell her for the second time.

She sighed, "Okay can I get to know the new you?" She asked me.

I take a deep breath and let go of her hand.

"I don't need anyone else trying to be in love with me right now." I tell my former lover. "I just need a friend." I said.

"Who said I'm trying to be in love with you?" Stacy asked me.

I shrug my shoulders and laid back on the couch. "I don't know." She said.

"Exactly. Shut up and tell me about the 'new you'." She said using air quotes.

I sigh deeply and close my eyes for a little bit. The world seemed to be spinning a lot slower. I think that it was making time for Stacy and I to get to know each other all over again.

Devale