A Tale from a Young Mind?

"Of course I'm quite intrigued to hear the story now." Anna held back a yawn.

Lee was quite excited by this, her mother never wanted to hear her stories. Because the stories often reminded her mother of her father, however now that she had been given permission to tell the story she was going to tell it from the top without pause.

" Well I'll start from the top then, once upon a time a very long time ago there was a princess who is beloved by all of her subjects. However a war had begun to break out causing her kingdom to be in great danger so she decided to take matters into her own hands and go out to defeat the great danger that had emerged. As she was sneaking out to go and find the cause of all of this trouble and pain she didn't realize that she was being followed until much later.

' I know you're there.' she said, ' You can come out, you could never really hide from me very well you know.'

' My lady' , a man in full knight armor, soon emerged from behind one of the bushes behind her, ' I must ask, how did you ever know it was me? In fact you are the only one who was able to tell it is me, it's very impressive your highness.'

She paused her travels and looked back at the knight, ' My dear friend we have been together for a long time now, it would be stranger if I didn't know where you were following me. Just because you can trick everyone else, doesn't mean that you will be able to do the same to me. Are you going to follow me the entire way?'

' It is my job to protect you princess, and I shall do my duty even if it kills me.' he said truthfully, as he had considered the princess a great friend.

' That is a bit over dramatic isn't it? After all, I have no plans on dying, and if you plan on continuing to follow me you better not as well. we are going to return to our kingdom and then we shall fix all that has begun to go wrong.' A small smile formed on her cheeks as she continued to walk forward, ' I am glad you decided to come with me though, it is much better to have a companion for this journey.'

'I would follow you into the depths of Hell itself my lady. after all you did save my life, it's the least I could do.'  he said as he walked alongside her.

' You know you wouldn't have needed my help if you just asked, what happened was not your fault. you did what you had to to protect people, that is nothing to be ashamed about.'  she said as they continued on their journey to walk through the Dark Forest towards the evil one.

'My lady, you are the only one who thinks that way. I have sworn to the way of the sword, and in doing so I did betray one rule which should never be broken. without you I would have been killed. and so I always follow you, and I Shall Serve you to the end of my life.' He said, and he meant every single word because to him she was the most valuable thing in the world. more valuable than all of the gold, all of the glory, even the aspect of eternal life. to him, she was everything.

She smiled at him, 'My friend, if you hadn't more lives would have been lost than just the one that you had to take. Enough, I do not wish to speak of this anymore. you did nothing wrong and that is a truth I will stand by. however we do have another thing to speak of, this great evil that is supposedly attacking our lands, you understand we need to come up with a plan to defeat it don't you.'

He gave her a strange look, ' my dear, you didn't charge off into the dark Forest without a plan did you? I know you like to charge head first into things, but that seems a little extreme even for you.'

she didn't give a response,  telling him that that was indeed what had happened.

'Are you kidding me?! I know you can be Reckless dear but this is a new level, in fact it's so bad that I'm tempted to take you right back to the castle.' he then continued to scold her for the next few minutes until They Came Upon A Crossroads that signified going towards the evil or going back to safety.